chapter 37: a plan?

The ship landed at the compound, and we all got off. Everyone else went to the compound, but I walked away.

"(Y/N), where are you going?" Steve asked. I turned around whilst walking backwards.

"Home," I walked for a little longer before eventually starting to run. I was distraught, heartbroken, sad, annoyed, angry, and I didn't know what to do. Thanos had destroyed the stones, so there was no way of bringing everyone back. Sam, Wanda, Bucky, Peter Parker, and everyone else was gone. I created a sonic boom as I ran across the Atlantic Ocean.

I walked through Roanemouth and up to my house on the hill. I knocked on the door, and my mum answered instantly.

"(Y/N)!" She said as she hugged me,"

"Hi, mum," She held my face as tears streamed down her face.

"I don't like the beard," I gave a slight laugh.

"Nor did Wanda," I walked in and closed the door.

"So, what's the plan, now?"

"I don't know. But unless Tony discovers time travel, and we can go back and get the stones before Thanos, I'm not using my powers again. I'm just gonna live a normal life, like a normal person," I put the kettle on and started crying.

"What's wrong?" My mum said, hurrying over to me.

"I'm 22, and I've just lost the love of my life," I said, wiping my cheek. My mum hugged me again, and I put my head on her shoulder, which hurt my neck because she was so short.

"We were gonna find somewhere nice, and grow old together. But, none of that matters, now, does it,"

"It's going to be fine," I smiled sarcastically.

"That's the thing, it won't be. I knew what was going to happen. I knew that Thanos would click his fingers. But I didn't do anything,"

"You did everything you could," She said, trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working.

"I lost Wanda. The love of my life. We got together in 2016, and spent only a few months together before being separated for two years. Then we're finally brought back together, just to be separated again. We could've done so much more together... But this is what I get. AND IT'S NOT FAIR," I wiped my arm across the counter, knocking everything onto the floor, smashing a few mugs. I placed my head in my hands and cried into them. I wiped my hands down my face and walked away.

"I'm going to bed,"

5 years later

It was now 2023. 5 years had passed since, what was now titled 'the blip'. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't wish Wanda was with me. The 5 years had been rough. I did nothing for the first year, and put on a load of weight. I spent most of 2020 losing weight, and getting back into peak physical form, and in 2021 I found work as a waiter at a fancy Italian restaurant.

I delivered drinks to a table of girls.

"Hey, when do you finish work," I laughed.

"No,"

"Why not?" She said, sounding insulted. "You're hot. I'm hot. We'd be great,"

"Thank you. But 5 years ago, I lost the love of my life unexpectedly. And yeah, it's been 5 years, but I'm..." My phone started ringing, but I ignored it. "I'm still not..." It rang again, and the name 'Nat' showed up.

"Sorry, I have to get this," I walked outside. "Nat, what is it?"

"We need you to come back to the compound, it's urgent," She said seriously.

"What could be so urgent?"

"We discovered time travel,"

"Oh, you are joking," I said, smiling. "Okay, I'll be like 5 hours," I hung up and ran home.

"Mum, remember how 5 years ago I said 'unless they discover time travel I'm never using my powers again?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, they have. And I have to go,"

"Be careful," I ran to my room, grabbed my watch, and ran to New York.

***

I ran through the compound, to the testing area where Scott, Steve, Bruce, and Rhodey were.

"So, time travel," I said as I entered the room.

"Time travel!" Scott said, pointing his finger at me.

"It's good to see you, Scott. What are you wearing?" I asked. He was wearing a red and white suit, similar to his Ant-Man suit.

"Time travel suit," Rhodey said. Bruce, who was now half Bruce, half Hulk, was putting some vials into the belt of the suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" He said panicky.

"I'm being very careful," Bruce said calmly.

"No, you're being very Hulky,"

"I'm being careful," Bruce said, raising his voice.

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more,"
"Scott, calm down," I said.

"Sorry," I went to find Nat or Steve. I turned a corner and found Steve, so I walked over to him. He saw me walk over to him, and a smile appeared on his face.

"Captain Rogers," I said, hugging him.

"(Y/N),"

"How've you been, Cap?" I asked, smiling.

"Oh, you know. What about you? Noticed you've shaved." He pointed at my face.

"So have you. I've been fine. Sort of. The first year was rough, but I got work at a restaurant. It's alright, I guess,"

"What brings you here, anyway?"

"Time travel. 5 years ago, I said to my mum 'unless they discover time travel, I'm not using my powers again' and here we are, 5 years later," Steve laughed.

"What the hell happened with Bruce?" I asked.

"He put the brains and the brawn together," Steve explained, and Nat appeared from nowhere.

"You coming, boys?" She asked, smiling at us.

"I like your hair," I said as I walked over to her, noticing the blonde/ginger gradient in her hair. We walked through the compound, to a large area with a circular podium in the centre. Clint was standing on it.

"All right, Clint. We're going in 3...2...1," Bruce said, tapping the controls, and Clint shrunk and disappeared.

"Where the hell's he gone? Wait, when the hell's he gone?" I asked, and Scott smiled at me. Clint came back.

"That was quick," I said.

"Yeah, but hopefully he was in the past for like 5 minutes," Scott said as Nat rushed over to Clint and picked him up.

"It worked,"