chapter 20: shooting shots

A few weeks later

The Avengers had been relocated from Stark Tower to the New Avengers Facility in upstate New York. Sam, Rhodey, Vision, and Wanda had joined the roster after the fight in Sokovia. I stood in the doorway to Wanda's room.

"You up for training today, Wanda?" She walked over to me, and placed her hand on my cheek. "I have a question as well,"

"You remind me so much of Pietro. The speed. The height. The slight facial hair," I was confused as to why she was doing this. I'm taller than Pietro, faster than Pietro, and English. But I understood what she meant. I was hoping that no-one would walk past. There was some slight speculation among the other Avengers, (Mainly Nat and Steve), about the relationship between Wanda and myself. It's true that we do have good chemistry, and made a good team during a fight. And yes, it's true that I may have a slight crush on her. But she just said I remind her of Pietro, her brother.

"Well, that answers the follow up question," I said, removing her hand from my face. "What about the original question?"

"No, not today sorry,"

"That's fine. I'll train by myself," I started walking to the gym

"Wait, what was your follow up question?" She asked, facing me in the corridor. I turned around and smiled at her.

"It's not important,"

"Everything's important until it's not,"

"Okay, little witch, I was going to ask you what you thought of my facial hair. But, since you said It reminds you of Pietro, I'm not gonna keep it," She looked at me funnily.

"Okay. Have fun training,"

***

I've gotten faster. Like a lot faster. Since the battle in Sokovia, my top speed on the treadmill had been 338mph, and my average speed during training was 286mph. I don't know how I had gotten 150mph faster in the matter of a few weeks, but I wasn't complaining.

"Baby blues, come with me to the lab," Tony said as he entered the gym.

"Did everyone hear that speech?"

"Yes. It was a good speech. Now follow me to the lab,"

"Okay, I'll meet you there," I ran past him and went to the lab. Tony sauntered into the lab and went over to his computer.

"Just need a few measurements," He grabbed a tape measure. "Friday, record these measurements," Friday was Tony's replacement for Jarvis. Jarvis had an English accent, and Friday had an Irish accent.

"6'1". Step on the scales. 197 lbs,"

"6'1, 197 lbs. Mr. (L/N), you're overweight," Friday pointed out.

"Rubbish. I run for a living, how can I be overweight?"

"No, she's right. You need to do more exercise," Tony said, entering the measurements.

"What do you need these measurements for, anyway?" I asked, looking at the computer.

"How big to make your suit. To calculate the elasticity,"

"How's Sam coming along?"

"Sam's finished. Just need a suit now,"

"What accent have you given Sam? And make sure the suit has some form of green on it,"

"You'll find out, now go,"

***

I was chilling in the lounge area, playing pool with Sam Wilson, when Tony came in and threw a small box at me. I opened it and there was a fresh watch sitting in it. There was a piece of paper and something that resembled a small earpiece. I opened the piece of paper.