chapter 27: laid out in Leipzig

We'd picked up some guy called Scott Lang, who could apparently shrink and grow. He seemed like a cool guy. He had a good humour about him. Clint parked, and we got out of the minivan. We had ended up in Leipzig, Germany.

"Cap," Clint said, shaking Steve's hand.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice,"

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favour," He looked back at Wanda. "Besides, I owe a debt,"

"Thanks for having my back,"

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda joked.

"How about our other recruit?" I slid the door on the van open, aggressively, waking Scott up.

"We had to put a bit of coffee in him," Clint said as Scott bolted upright.

"What time zone is this?" He asked as he scrambled out of the van.

"Come on," I said, giving him a push. He walked over to Steve, awestruck.

"Captain America!" He said, shaking Steve's hand.

"Mr Lang,"

"It's an honour," Scott said, still shaking Steve's hand. "I'm shaking your hand too long," He stopped shaking Steve's hand.

"Wow! This is awesome! Captain America!" He turned to Wanda and I. "I know you, too. You're great! Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, thanks for thinking of me. Hey, man!" He said to Sam.

"What's up, Tic Tac,"

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time..."

"It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," Scott looked heartbroken.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?"

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man,"

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott said sarcastically.

"We should get moving," Bucky said.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint added, and an alarm started blaring through the airport, and parking lot.

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky said.

"Stark,"

"Stark?"

"Suit up," I double tapped my watch, and my suit appeared over my clothes. Scott looked at me in awe.

"Does it not get uncomfortable under there?"

"No, the clothes I have on get tightly pressed against my body. I can still breathe and move fine," I answered.

"(Y/N), I want you to come out after me. Don't come out with me, but not long after," Steve asked.

"Yes, Cap. Good luck," He walked out into the airport runway, and the conversation between Tony and him could just about be heard.

"That's my cue," I hugged Wanda. "Good luck, everyone. And don't die,"

"I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart," Tony said, and I ran to Cap's side.

"You did that when you signed the Accords," I said, and bowed to T'Challa. "Your highness," Tony gave me a look of disgust.

"Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite. Come on," Tony said, losing his temper.

"We found it. The quinjet's in hangar five, north runway," Sam Wilson said through comms. Steve held his hands up, and Clint shot an arrow, breaking the webbing. Tony put his helmet on and turned around. Scott got bigger, and gave Cap his shield.

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Steve threw his shield at Rhodey, and Tony's new recruit, Spider-man, web-slinged away. Steve went after T'Challa, and I moved into the airport. I saw Spider-Man kick through the glass, and aim for Sam, so I ran faster, and punched him away from them. We engaged in a fist fight. I ducked under his punch, and Bucky came in from behind me, but Spider-Man grabbed his hand.

"You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude!" He used his free hand to web my hands together.

"Son of a-" Sam came flying through, and grabbed Spider-Man, taking him for a flight. Bucky ran after them.

"Cool, I'll get out of this myself," I said to myself. I started vibrating my hands, which was very hard due to the webbing, to create friction to maybe melt the webbing. After a lot of vibrating, the webbing did melt. I ran in the direction that Sam flew, and stopped when I saw Spider-Man squatted on a tower, unprotected.

"They make it too easy," I ran to him, and drop kicked him. He turned in the air, stuck 2 webs to me, and kicked me down to the floor. He stuck me to the floor, and turned around. Redwing came flying past, grabbed Spider-Man, and flew outside. I melted the web, and went down to Bucky and Sam, and broke their webbing. I went to the new window that Redwing had created. I ran out of it, and kicked Rhodey down to the floor. Scott came over to Steve and I.

"Cap, heads up!" He threw something small to Steve, and showed him a small disc. "Throw it at this," They threw their things and a truck appeared in the air, and flew down towards Rhodey.

"Oh, man, I thought it was a water truck," They ran away, and T'Challa started running towards me.

"Oh, boy," He started trying to scratch me, and spinning kick me, but I dodged everything.

"Hand Barnes over," He said.

"You do know Vision is made from stolen Vibranium, right?" He stopped for a second before continuing his bombardment on me. I slid under him, and kicked him from behind.

"Let's dance, kitty cat," I grabbed his punch, and he ducked my punch. I headbutted him, and swiped his legs, causing him to fall to the floor. I ran towards Cap and the others, but Vision stopped them with a beam.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now," Team Iron-Man all lined up, parallel to us.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asked.

"We fight,"