chapter 14: little witch

Tony flew down into the boat, and Thor, Cap, and I followed him. I was fashionably late, but that's fine because I'm fast. I stood next to Tony, and Wanda looked at me like she wanted to kill me.

"You," she said aggressively, and her hands started glowing an even stronger shade of red. Ultron, Pietro, and Wanda started walking over to us.

"Nobody has to break anything," Thor said.

"Clearly you've never made an omelette," Ultron joked, and I had to try hard to keep a straight face.

"He beat me by one second," Tony said to himself.

"Ah yes. He's funny. Mr. Stark. It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro said, walking closer, and looking towards the missiles below us.

"This was never my life,"

"You two can still walk away from this,"

"Oh, we will," I was curious as to why Wanda was being so aggressive. I was going to say something, but Ultron beat me to it.

"Captain America. God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor tried to bargain.

"I think you're confusing 'peace' with 'quiet',"

"What's the vibranium for?" I asked.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan," Ultron clenched his fist, and Tony started being magnetised towards him. 3 of his metal soldiers came and fought us. Ultron shot an energy beam at Tony, causing him to slam into the door behind us.

"So, one for each of us, huh?" I said, ducking and weaving from the soldier's attacks. It kicked my leg, and I fell onto my back. It wound up a punch, and right as it was about to collide with my face, I dodged it and stood up. I ran around the back of it, and kicked it over the ledge. Pietro started running, which I noticed.

"I'll take care of Pietro," I started running after him, but one of Klaue's goons shot some stray bullets, 3 of which landed in my shoulder, which made me fall onto my chest. I stood up, and started running around the boat again. Pietro and I ran past each other, and a very strong electric shock was sent through our bodies. We both stopped when we felt the pain.

"Did you do that?" I asked, rubbing my arm, still in extreme pain because of the bullets buried in my shoulder. Pietro shook his head.

"It wasn't you?" He asked.

"No," I groaned as I stretched my shoulder. I saw Pietro go flying down the boat, because he tried to grab Mjolnir. I started to feel dizzy, and fell against the wall.

"Tony, I don't feel too good. There's some bullets buried somewhere in my shoulder,"

"Don't die on me, kid,"

"I'll try not to," Clint shot an arrow right past my face, which gave me a bit more energy. I ran around the boat, but couldn't find anyone.

"Tash? Steve? Is anyone on comms?,"

"The little witch is doing a mind control trick. Be careful," Clint said. I ran around the boat again, this time stopping in one of the rooms higher up. I turned around, and Wanda was standing in the doorway. Her hands weren't glowing, so that was promising.

"Wanda..." I took one step towards her, and she used her magic to pin me (quite painfully) against the wall. She looked into my eyes, watching me writhe in pain from her magic. I could feel blood slowly dripping out of my bullet wounds, which was causing me more pain than her magic.

"Okay, Wanda, this is hurting me. Can you let me go?" I asked, trying to suppress my pain. She tilted her head, and smirked at me.

"Good," She tightened her magic against me. I looked over her shoulder, and saw Clint pulling an arrow out of his quiver, so I tried to subtly, yet noticeably, shake my head at him.

"Wanda," I groaned in pain, as she pushed me further against the wall, pushing the bullets deeper into me. "Ultron's manipulating you," She squinted at me.

"He doesn't just want The Avengers dead. He 'sees a suit of armour around the world'. He wants to kill all humans and, presumably, replace them with his own AI," Her magic loosened.

"You don't have to use your powers for bad. You can use them for good. You might also want to turn around," She dropped me onto the floor, and turned around to see Clint. She tried using her magic to control his mind, but he stuck a shock arrow to her forehead.

"Done the whole mind control thing. Not a fan," Pietro ran over and kicked him down. He grabbed Wanda and ran away.

"Clint, tell Tash I'll miss her," He picked me up and carried me out of the boat.

"I'm not letting you die,"