chapter 38: story time with Thor

"So, the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when, and the where," Steve said, as we started brainstorming the right time and place to get the stones as effectively as possible.

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones,"

"Or, substitute the word encounter for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones," Tony added, waving his coffee about.

"Well, I haven't. But I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about," Scott said.

"Regardless, we've only got enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce explained.

"So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets," I said.

"Correct," Tony replied.

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked, and we all looked at Thor, who was asleep in a chair with a can of soda in his hand. Thor had gone from being sculpted like a literal god (For good reason) to having a beer belly.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead," Rhodey joked. Thor eventually woke up and gave us the information about The Reality Stone.

"Uh, where to start? Um..." He took his shades off and tapped them against the screen.

"The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before. Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing, so someone's going to have to amend that, and stop saying that," He stopped to pour eye drops into his eyes. 

"Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Oooh. Scary beings. So, Jane, actually there she is," He brought up a picture of Jane.

"Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time. And then the Aether stuck itself inside her..." Thor made a hand gesture of something going in something.

"Is that a euphamism?" I asked Rhodey, who just shrugged.

"...And she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her," I looked over to Scott, who had a large, open smile on his face, and was seemingly enjoying Thor's story.

"We were dating at the time, you see, and I got to introduce her to my mother... who's dead and, um. Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so... Yes, these things happen, though. You know? Nothing lasts forever..." Thor was cut off by Tony, who was trying to forcefully move a 6'2" fat God.

"Why don't you come sit down?"

"I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence," Thor started laughing, and Tony gave him a sarcastic round of applause.

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No. I'd like a Bloody Mary,"

***

Time had passed, and we were still brainstorming. We had ordered take-out to help ease the pain of all this wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag," Rocket said, as he explained what he knew about the purple gem.

"Is Morag a person?" I asked, as I pierced a piece of chicken with my chopstick.

"No, Morag's a planet," Rocket answered, sounding annoyed at my question. "Quill was a person,"

"Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott asked, shoving some noodles into his mouth.

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything," Rocket said sarcastically, stroking Scott's head.

"Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy. I'll take you to space,"

***

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir," Nebula explained.

"What's Vormir?" Nat asked, taking notes.

"A dominion of death at the very centre of celestial existence," She explained.

"Nice and cheerful," I said sarcastically.

"It's where Thanos murdered my sister," Steve sighed.

"Not it," Scott said.

***

"That Time Stone guy," Nat said.

"Who? Doctor Strange?" Bruce replied.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit-from-hat," Tony answered.

"A surgical wizard. Was he from New York?" I asked.

"No, he was from Toronto. Have you been listening to anything?" Tony said whilst Bruce gave locations in New York.

"Guys, if we go back to 2012, we can get three of the six stones," I said, causing Nat, Bruce and Tony to sit up and look up at me.

"Shut the front door," Bruce said.

"How?" Nat asked.

"The Mind Stone is with the sceptre. The Time Stone is with Doctor Strange. And the Space Stone is with the Tesseract," We returned to the office area, and made some changes to the screen. After the changes, it read:

Time Heist

New York: Space Stone. Mind Stone. Time Stone.

Asgard: Reality Stone,

Morag/Vormir: Power Stone. Soul Stone.

Pictures of the corresponding stones were underneath the respective titles.

"All right, we have a plan. Six stones. Three teams. One shot,"

A/N: soooooo I did post. I'm further ahead than I thought, so you get a chpapter! Anyway, Black Widow was amazing. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but it's probably my favourite solo MCU movie now. I was a bit disappointed by one character, but on the whole the movie was really good!

-TWM x