chapter 32: breaking the law... again

"They wanted The Mind Stone," Wanda said.

"Thor said it's the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in recent years. Have the other two shown up?" I asked.

"We're not the right people to ask," Sam said.

"If they were after The Mind Stone, they want all six of the Infinity Stones,"

"What happens if they get all six?" Sam asked.

"Anything. Everything. Whatever the bearer of the stones wants. There's an infinite amount of possibilities. And based on the hostility and aggression, they don't want to do good," I explained.

"How do you know so much about these stones?" Steve asked.

"I read a book that I shouldn't have," I walked across the quinjet and sat down.

"I think we deserve a story about your powers," Nat said, sitting across from me.

"I've always had them, but I've harnessed them and properly learnt them over the last two years. I spent a year learning in Portugal, then the facility got destroyed. I've been scrounging around Newcastle for the last year,"

"So what is it exactly you can do?" Wanda asked.

"Run faster and shoot energy out of my hands. Where are we going?"

"Home," Steve said.

***

We landed outside the Avengers Compound, and walked through it to where Rhodey was talking to Secretary Ross. Ross turned to face us as we stood in the doorway.

"You've got some nerve. I'll give you that,"

"You could use some of that right now," Nat retorted.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you too," Ross turned to Rhodey.

"Arrest them," Rhodey got rid of the hologram of the secretary and the meeting that was going on.

"That's a court-marshall. It's great to see you, cap,"

"You too, Rhodey," Cap shook hands with Rhodey, and Nat and myself hugged him. Wanda and Sam carried Vision down to us.

"Wow, you guys... really look like crap," Rhodey joked.

"Yeah, well the hotels weren't exactly five stars," Sam replied.

"You guys got hotels? I got dirty alleys with rats," Sam laughed, and everyone else gave a slight laugh.

"Uh, I think you look great," Bruce said, from across the room. "Yeah, I'm back," He said as he walked towards us, playing with his hands.

"Hi, Bruce,"

"Nat," We walked over to the office area, and started brainstorming.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked, and I started walking around, thinking.

"And they can clearly find us," Wanda added.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint? And Scott? I liked Scott," I asked.

"After the whole Accords situation, they took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest," Nat answered.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked.

"Ant-Man," Steve answered.

"There's an Ant-Man, and a Spider-Man? Look, Thanos has the biggest army in the universe, and he is not going to stop until he gets... Vision's stone,"

"Thanos? What does he look like?" I asked.

"Big..." Bruce started.

"Purple?" I interrupted, and Bruce nodded.

"Why?"

"No reason. We have to protect The Mind Stone,"

"No, we have to destroy it," Vision said. He was leaning against the wall, looking out of the window, holding his stomach.

"I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature," He said, pointing to the stone. "But also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something similar to its own signature, its molecular integrity could fail," He explained to us whilst looking at Wanda.

"Yeah, and you with it. That stone is the one thing powering the smartest sentient entity in the world," I said, rejecting the idea.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it," Vision spoke softly.

"Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him,"

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision," Vision started walking over to Steve.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because you might have a choice," Bruce started explaining how Vision was more than The Mind Stone. How he was Bruce, Ultron, Tony, Jarvis and The Mind Stone all in one.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts,"

"Can we do that?" I asked.

"Not me, not here,"

"Brilliant,"

"Well you'd better find, and somewhere, fast. Ross isn't just going to let you have your old rooms back," Rhodey said.

"I know somewhere,"

A/N: this story is coming to an end (roughly 2-3 weeks) and after this I will be writing a harry potter book series. it will be an x character, but what I wanna know is would you like it to be male reader or oc?

your friendly neighbourhood loser, theweirdmaximoff xx