chapter 19: Ultron undone

A/N: so the maximoff date of birth is a commonly debated subject, but it this universe they are 18 in 2015. So in CW, 19. IW, 21 etc. 

(31/08/21. lmao. So, I'm rewatching WandaVision, and in episode 5, jimmy woo says "Born in 1989, to Iryna and Oleg Maximoff," So their D.O.B is confirmed, but for the sake of this story's continuity, they were born in 1997)

The Aether Institute, Lisbon, Portugal.

"Ma'am, we've been following his life for the last three years. He hasn't shown any signs of any possible enhancement potential,"

"He has the ability to run faster than the speed of sound. He's nineteen years old. Have faith in our green speedster," The tall blond woman, known to everyone at the Aether Institute as Mrs Wormwood, stood watching her computer screen. She gave herself the title of 'Mrs' despite not being married. Nicola Wormwood despised the idea of love. She presented herself as a stone cold warrior, with the inability to feel any emotion. She sat down in her chair and leant closer to her screen as her footage of Sokovia showed her that a city had started rising into the sky.

"Well isn't that wizard," She said as she removed her glasses, and leaned back in her chair. The Aether Institute was located in a small village in Lisbon. Not many people worked at the Aether Institute. There was Damien Willow, who was Nicola's personal assistant, some medical staff, and Nicola. Upon hearing the news of someone who could run faster than the world's fastest car, The Aether Institute had sent a stealth drone to watch over (Y/N) (L/N), and report about any potential enhancement signs. The drone followed (Y/N) as he ran through a ginnel, past another speedster. There was a blue and white static explosion, and the drone zoomed in on (Y/N), who had stopped in his tracks. The drone zoomed further in on him, and his right hand was now visible. It had a black and white aura around it for a short amount of time.

"Son of a bitch. He did it,"

Sokovia, your PoV

Steve saw me running at him, so he knelt down, and placed his shield above his head. As I got closer, I jumped up and slammed down on Steve's shield, creating a sonic boom that rippled across the entire city.

"That was a nice speech,"

"What?"

"About your baby blues," He smirked at me, and my jaw dropped as I realised what he was on about. "You do know you don't have the power to make people Avengers,"

"Yeah, I know,"

"Well it's a good thing I approve of your decision," He smiled at me as he threw his shield past my head. There was a metallic clunk, and the shield came whizzing past my head again. I was walking through the city, trying to find Ultron bots to fight with, when a blue and white blur went past me.

"Keep up, old man," Pietro said as he ran past me. I laughed to myself as I ran to catch up with him.

"You know, you might be a year younger than me, but that doesn't mean you're faster than me," I said, running past him, significantly faster than him. I noticed that there wasn't the painful shock like the last 2 times we ran past each other. We ran to Nat and Steve, who were by the edge of the city. The helicarrier was coming up to level with the city.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asked, smiling like a kid in a candy shop.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D's supposed to be," Steve said.

"This is not so bad," A few civilian rescue transports arrived at the edges of the city.

"Let's load 'em up," We filled them up relatively fast due to mine and Pietro's super speed. I helped Wanda and Clint with filling their transports. Natasha came over to us. She looked at Wanda funnily.