chapter 41: pans esrever eht

They did it. Tony, Bruce and Rocket had made an Infinity Gauntlet capable of controlling the power of the Infinity Stones.

"All right, the glove's ready. Question is: who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" Rocket said.

"I'll do it," Thor answered, walking over to the gauntlet.

"Excuse me?" Tony said. Thor continued his voyage to the 'Nano Gauntlet', and everyone tried stopping him.

"Thor. Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet," Steve said.

"I'm sorry. What? We're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor replied.

"We should at least discuss it," I said.

"Look, sitting here, staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me,"

"Normally you're right," Tony interrupted.

"It's my duty,"

"It's not about that,"

"It's not that," Thor started shushing Tony.

"Stop it! Just let me. Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right," Thor said, tearing up.

"Look,it's not just the fact that that glove is channelling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition," Tony said.

"What do you. What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" There was a pause, and no-one answered. "Lightning,"

"Lightning won't help you now, pal," Bruce said. "It's gotta be me,"

"And why, exactly, has it gotta be you?" I asked.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive," Bruce walked over to the gauntlet and gave it a long stare.

"How do we know you will?" Steve asked.

"We don't. But the radiation is mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this," Bruce grabbed the gauntlet.

"Good to go?" Tony asked.

"Let's do it,"

"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years" Tony said. Everyone suited up and got ready. The compound went into lockdown, and I stood behind Tony as he brought a shield up. The gauntlet got bigger to fit Bruce's Hulk hand. As he placed his hand in it, the stones activated, sending energy of each colour through his veins. 

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted.

"No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asked.

"Talk to me, Banner," Bruce continued grunting in pain.

"I'm okay. I'm okay," After a lot of struggle, Bruce finally lifted his right arm and snapped. He fell to the ground as the gauntlet fell off his hand. Clint kicked the gauntlet aside.

"Did it work?" He groaned.

"We don't know. It's okay," Thor said, comforting Bruce. I walked to the next room with Scott, and saw a large abundance of butterflies and birds outside.

"It worked," I said happily. I hugged Scott, and a barrage of missiles came towards the compound. I ran outside, and the compound collapsed.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Rhodey said through comms.

"I'm here. I'm outside though," A blue beam came from the ship and Thanos emerged. I ran to cover. Peering over my cover, I saw Nebula talking to Thanos. He placed his dual bladed sword into the ground and placed his helmet atop it. I picked a stone up.

"Oi, Thanos!" I threw the stone at his head and he looked at me. I ran towards him and stopped in front of him.

"Five years ago, we fought. And, you beat my ass,"

"I don't even know who you are,"

"Let me finish! Now, you're five years younger than you were five years ago. So, you won't be as experienced. So I'll win," Thanos smiled at me.

"Your logic is... stupid,"

"Oh yeah? Logic this," I fired a bolt of energy at his chest, but it did nothing.

"Although, you didn't have armour five years ago," He put his helmet on and removed his sword from the ground, and swung for me. I ducked and kicked him, making a strong 'clank' noise.

"Oh, yeah, I'm definitely gonna win. Flipping idiot," I said to myself sarcastically as I dodged his attacks. I jumped and kicked his head and ran back to what was left of the compound.

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"This is it. This is the endgame,"

"Thanos," He simply said and I nodded. We left and walked over to The Mad Titan.

"You couldn't live with your failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me," Thanos said as we walked over to him. Tony in his Mk 85 armour. Steve had his shield. Thor was wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. And I had my super speed and energy powers.

"I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those who remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist,"

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn," Tony said.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to it's last atom. And then, with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one, teeming with life that knows not what it has lost, but only what it has been given. A grateful universe," Thor charged his hammers, and I charged my hands.

"Born out of blood," Steve said.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them,"

A/N: there's only a few chapters left. literally like 3 (maybe 2). It's been a journey. I'm really grateful for all the reads and positivity, and I dont want this to end. but all good things must come to an end. and i will be doing another project after this, then maybe something else but idk. anyway, enjoy this and thank you all so so much!

-TWM x