Chapter 7

As Harry had expected Kings Cross was over crowded than usual. Apparently everyone had heard that Percy Jackson is going to Hogwarts and wanted to meet him but they left station with disappointment . 

Harry ,Ron and Hermione went back to their compartment . Percy had started to Hogwarts by his Pegasi , he will reach the school before they could reach. 

"Bagman wanted to tell us what's happening at Hogwarts," he said grumpily,sitting down next to Harry. "At the World Cup, remember? But my own mother won't say. Wonder what --""Shh!" Hermione whispered suddenly, pressing her finger to her lips and pointing toward the compartment next to theirs. Harry and Ron listened, and heard a familiar drawling voice drifting in through the open door.". . . Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts,you know. He knows the headmaster, you see. Well, you know his opinion of Dumbledore - the man's such a Mudblood-lover - and Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riffraff. But Mother didn't like the idea of me going to school so far away. Father says Durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than Hogwarts aboutthe Dark Arts. Durmstrang students actually learn them, not just the defense rubbish we do. . . ." 

Hermione got up, tiptoed to the compartment door, and slid it shut, blockingoutMalfoy's voice."So he thinks Durmstrang would have suited him, does he?" she saidangrily. "Iwish he had gone, then we wouldn't have to put up with him.""Durmstrang's another wizarding school?" said Harry."Yes," said Hermione sniffily, "and it's got a horrible reputation .Accordingto AnAppraisal ofMagical Education in Europe, it puts a lot of emphasis on theDarkArts."

Ron said vaguely " Yeah I remember it even Percy said according to their reputation many thought they will win Krum win the tournament "causing Harry to nod in confirmation , he remembered him mentioning about that . "Where is it? What country?" "Well, nobody knows, do they?" said Hermione, raising her eyebrows."Er - why not?" said Harry."There's traditionally been a lot of rivalry between all the magic schools.Durmstrang and Beauxbatons like to conceal their whereabouts so nobodycansteal their secrets," said Hermione matter-of-factly."Come off it," said Ron, starting to laugh. "Durmstrang's got to be about thesamesize as Hogwarts --how are you going to hide a great big castle?""But Hogwarts is hidden," said Hermione, in surprise. "Everyone knowsthat.. .well, everyone who's read Hogwarts, A History, anyway.""Just you, then," said Ron. "So go on - how d'you hide a place likeHogwarts?""It's bewitched," said Hermione. "If a Muggle looks at it, all they see is amoldering old ruin with a sign over the entrance saying DANGER, DONOTENTER, UNSAFE.""So Durmstrang'll just look like a ruin to an outsider too?""Maybe," said Hermione, shrugging, "or it might have Muggle-repellingcharmson it, like the World Cup stadium. And to keep foreign wizards fromfinding it ,they'll have made it Unplottable -"

"Come again?""Well, you can enchant a building so it's impossible to plot on a map, can'tyou?""Er. . . if you say so," said Harry."But I think Durmstrang must be somewhere in the far north," saidHermionethoughtfully. "Somewhere very cold, because they've got fur capes as partof theiruniforms.""Ah, think of the possibilities," said Ron dreamily. "It would've been soeasy topush Malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident... . Shame hismotherlikes him. . . ."

The rain became heavier and heavier as the train moved farther north. Thesky wasso dark and the windows so steamy that the lanterns were lit by midday." Blimey its very much raining today. How will Percy come to school despite ? " Ron asked looking at window . Hermione said without looking up from the book she is reading " He said Blackjack can fly much higher above the sky so he can avoid rain " causing Harry and Ron to nod in understanding.

Several of their friends looked in on them as the afternoon progressed,includingSeamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, and Neville Longbottom, a round-faced, extremely forgetful boy who had been brought up by his formidable witchof agrandmother. Seamus was still wearing his Ireland rosette. Some of itsmagic107seemed to be wearing off now; it was still squeaking "Troy - Mullet -Moran!" butin a very feeble and exhausted sort of way. Neville listened jealously to the others' conversation as they relived the Cupmatch."Gran didn't want to go," he said miserably. "Wouldn't buy tickets. Itsoundedamazing though.""It was," said Ron. "Look at this, Neville. . .He rummaged in his trunk up in the luggage rack and pulled out theminiaturefigure of Viktor Krum."Oh wow," said Neville enviously as Ron tipped Krum onto his pudgyhand." We saw him right up close, as well," said Ron. "We were in the Top Box -""For the first and last time in your life, Weasley."