Chapter 17

After the second task it seems like Ron had become famous . Every time someone had asked him what happened ,he will exaggerate it more than what he told the previous time .

 At first, he gave what seemed to be the truth; it tallied with Hermione's story, anyway -Dumbledore had put all the hostages into a bewitched sleep in Professor McGonagall'soffice, first assuring them that they would be quite safe, and would awake when they were back above the water. 

One week later, however, Ron was telling a thrilling tale of kidnap in which he struggled single-handedly against fifty heavily armed merpeople who had to beat him into submission before tying him up."But I had my wand hidden up my sleeve," he assured Padma Patil, who seemed to be a lot keener on Ron now that he was getting so much attention and was making a point of talking to him every time they passed in the corridors. "I could've taken those mer-idiots any time I wanted." "What were you going to do, snore at them?" said Hermione teased him causing Percy and Harry to roar in laughter at Ron's scarlet face.

As they entered March every fifth years are stressed with their upcoming O.W.L.S which Percy did not have any problem with . So he had been helping Katie in her studies these days . 

Today he is sitting at the Charms class waiting for Professor Flitwick and Katie who is late than unusual . Suddenly Katie ran into the class clutching a copy of Daily Prophet . 

"What you look like you are running from Filtch after kicking Mrs.Norris  ? " Percy joked. Katie rolled her eyes " Ha,ha funny . Here read this " giving him the copy of Daily Prophet.

 A color photograph of Harry and Percy headed a shortpieceentitled: 

Harry Potter's Secret Heart ache A boy like no other, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizardst hat Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival  of Percy Jackson , the youngest dueling champion and popularly called as the Dumbledore of this generation ,Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Percy Jackson, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, had  invited her to Yule Ball as his date while he had not even brought a date to many international parties after his victory in   the dueling tournament by ICW .However, it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest. "She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it." Love Potions are, of course, banned at Hogwarts, and no doubt Albus Dumbledore will want to investigate these claims. In the meantime, Harry Potters well wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart on a worthier candidate.

Percy groaned  in annoyance wanting to prank the skeeter woman in many ways she should not even forget . After that he couldn't even concentrate in the classes . As soon as the class ended , he sprinted to the dungeons where the double potions are held . He saw the trio walking out of the class , on seeing him Harry said " We know " while Hermione and Ron nodded . Percy shook his head in exasperation " We have to do something . She is spreading many rumors . If she continues to do this I am gonna turn her into a bug and squash her " . At the last part the trio chuckled at the thought of turning Skeeter into a bug .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At noon of the next day  the trio went to Hogsmeade while Percy was waiting for Dumbledore at his office . He had received a message from Dumbledore at the morning to meet him at his office saying it is very urgent .