Chapter 19

"How could you be reckless like this ? " Hermione asked storming towards Percy startling him . Harry told Hermione and Ron what happened . She is very much furious on hearing that . He had went to chase the one who killed Barty Crouch without thinking . He could have died there, the thought itself made her shudder . Over the time she had come to care for him more than a friend.  Harry had also told her about Percy's family curse gaining looks of disbelief from Hermione and Ron . He told her how Percy said he had killed monsters which are worse than dragons . She thought Annabeth should have died from any of those monster attacks . 

She had waited for him to show up at  breakfast , lunch and dinner but he did not show up there . So she thought where he will go when he was stressed and immediately she knew the answer . Hence here she is storming towards Percy who looked pale at her furious expression.

He gave her a nervous smile " Hi Hermione .Nice to ----" . Hermione snapped at him angrily " Don't play smart ,you idiot . How can you be so reckless ? Chasing the killer in forbidden forest without a thought " . Percy said with an angry expression " I did what anyone could have done Hermione . If I did not do it Harry would have done the same thing . I could not let Harry to chase the killer when I was there . What if Harry   died on trying to chase the killer ?  I cannot let another one of my friend die Mi'one " He whispered the last part that Hermione to listen carefully to hear what he said . 

Hermione whispered quietly " What about you ? " Percy looked at her with confusion " What about me ? " . Hermione said quietly " Harry told me about your family curse . There are many creatures in the forbidden forest Percy . What if something happened to you ? " 

Percy smiled at her sadly " I will die gladly to protect my friends Hermione . I am not afraid of death " . Hermione stared at him angrily and said " What about those who love you ? " Won't they be worried if something happens to you ?" 

Percy laughed but it was unlike his usual laugh " I believe my friends and family will be better without me Hermione . You don't know how many of my friends died before me because I was weak to do anything . As I said it is a curse Hermione . For me this curse not only attracted monsters but it also killed my loved ones  . So now say Hermione what you will do if you are in my place  ? "

Hermione replied without hesitation " They died for you because they love you . I will do the same for my friends and you ,Percy . That's what friends are for ".

Percy looked at her with confusion " Why will you die for me ? We had known each other for months  " .Hermione threw her hands up in frustation " Because I have a huge crush on you, idiot". 

There was a pregnant silence between them both staring at each other . Percy broke the silence by asking " You have a crush on me ? " .Hermione nodded at him angrily " How could some one not have crush on you ? You are sweet , loyal , kind and down to earth . Only a fool will not like you ". 

Percy opened his mouth to say something but Hermione cut him off by saying "If you don't like me I can understand . After all who will like a nerd like me " . 

Hermione started to walk to the castle with angry tears brimming in her eyes . Percy processed what happened . Hermione had just confessed she likes Percy . Percy knew he likes her . He saw Hermione  walking towards the castle .   He took a deep breathe and thought he had already messed up one time in his life . But this time he will not do that again .

He opened his eyes and ran after Hermione knowing what to do. He didn't yell afraid of getting caught . He grabbed her hand and turned her so she could face him . "What ? " Hermione snapped but Percy did not answer instead he pressed his lips against her . Hermione's eyes widened but immediately she respond back . They  kissed so  passionately that Percy lifted her off the ground . Both pulled back gasping for air with smile in their faces . "I like you too" Percy said with a grin in his face .  Percy asked with a smile " Will you be my girlfriend ? " . Hermione kissed him and said against his lips " I think this answers your question".   Like this both kissed and cherished that moment without knowing what will happen in a few weeks .