Chapter 16

"Stop poking me -"

 "Dobby must poke Harry Potter, sir, he must wake up!" 

Harry opened his eyes. He sat up, straightening his glasses,blinking in the bright daylight.

"Harry Potter needs to hurry!" squeaked Dobby. "The second task starts in ten minutes, and Harry Potter -""Ten minutes?" Harry croaked. "Ten - ten minutes?"He looked down at his watch. Dobby was right. It was twenty past nine. A large,dead weight seemed to fall through Harry's chest into his stomach."Hurry, Harry Potter!" squeaked Dobby, plucking at Harry's sleeve. "You is supposed to be down by the lake with the other champions, sir!"

"Yes , thank you Dobby " Harry started to run to the lake but Dobby caught his sleeve causing Harry to turn to Dobby .

Dobby squeaked "! Harry Potter has to go into the lake and find hisWheezy -""Find my what?""-and take his Wheezy back from the merpeople!"

 "What's a Wheezy?" "Your Wheezy, sir, your Wheezy-Wheezy who is giving Dobby his sweater!"Dobby plucked at the shrunken maroon sweater he was now wearing over his shorts."What?" Harry gasped. "They've got. . . they've got Ron?"

"The thing Harry Potter will miss most, sir!" squeaked Dobby.

"You has to eat this, sir!" squeaked the elf, and he put his hand in the pocket of his shorts and drew out a ball of what looked like slimy, grayish-green rattails. 

"Right before you go into the lake, sir - gilly weed!" "What's it do?" said Harry, staring at the gilly weed."It will make Harry Potter breathe underwater, sir!"

"Dobby," said Harry frantically, "listen - are you sure about this?" He couldn't quite forget that the last time Dobby had tried to "help" him, he had ended up with no bones in his right arm. 

Dobby nodded earnestly " Percy Jackson asked me to help Harry Potter ,sir . He asked me search for gilly weed , sir ". 

Harry wants to hug the life out of Percy . He had gone out of his way to help Harry but for now Harry hugged the house elf causing him to squeak . Harry said with a smile " Thank you so much Dobby " .

Dobby said with a bow " It is a great honor to help Harry Potter , sir ".

Line Break--------------------

Harry sprinted along the corridor and down the stairs, three at a time. The entrance hall contained a few last-minute stragglers, all leaving the Great Hall after breakfast and heading through the double oak doors to watch the second task.They stared as Harry flashed past, sending Colin and Dennis Creevey flying as he leapt down the stone steps and out onto the bright, chilly grounds. As he pounded down the lawn he saw that the seats that had encircled the dragons' enclosure in November were now ranged along the opposite bank, rising in stands that were packed to the bursting point and reflected in the lake below. 

The excited babble of the crowd echoed strangely across the water as Harry ran flat-out around the other side of the lake toward the judges, who were sitting at another gold draped table at the water's edge. Percy, Fleur, and Krum were beside the judges 'table, watching Harry sprint toward them. On seeing Harry Percy sighed in relief ."I'm . .. here ..." Harry panted, skidding to a halt in the mud and accidentally   splattering Fleurs robes." Where have you been?" said a bossy, disapproving voice. "The task's about to start! .

Dumbledore smiled at Harry, but Karkaroff and Madame Maxime didn't look at all pleased to see him. ... It was obvious from the looks on their faces that they had thought he wasn't going to turn up. Harry bent over, hands on his knees, gasping for breath; he had a stitch in his side that felt as though he had a knife between his ribs, but there was no time to get rid of it; Percy moved next to Harry and asked " Are you okay ? I am worried ".