Chapter 8

The storm had blown itself out by the following morning, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter gray swirled overhead as Percy Harry, Ron, and Hermione examined their new course schedules at breakfast. A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament. Everyone once in a while  would look at Percy or some girls would flirt at him who looked extremely uncomfortable with that. "Today's not bad.. . outside all morning," said Ron, who was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures... damn it, we're still with the Slytherins. . . .""Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down. Divination was his least favorite subject, apart from Potions. Professor Trelawney kept predicting Harry's death, which he found extremely annoying." You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Hermione briskly ,buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

Hermione looked at Percy and asked " What classes do you have ? " causing Percy to say "Double Charms , double transfiguration, care of magical creatures , and Herbology ". Ron thoughtfully said " Not bad " . 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy pushed past the door to Charms class and saw everyone was looking at him along with Professor Flitwick who was standing on a pile of books . Professor Flitwick looked in disappointment and said " In first class you are five minutes late Mr.Jackson " . He would have apparently thought just because he is famous , he will be punctual and discipline , Percy wanted to snort at that thought . he is anything but punctual and discipline . Percy shook his head and said " Sorry Professor , still don't know the way around castle " causing Flitwick to nod in understanding . He said " It's okay Mr. Jackson but don't be late next time . Now take a seat ". Percy mumbled a thanks and took sat next to a brown haired girl wearing Gryffindor robes . 

He extended his hand and said " Hi . I am Percy Jackson " The girl looked surprised but said " I know . In fact I think whole wizarding world knows " causing Percy to chuckle . She shook his hand and said " I am Katie Bell " . 

Percy listened to the class and he saw Professor Flitwick discussed for nearly fifteen minutes how this year they will take O.W.L.S which will play an important role in choosing their career and how they had to   take the grades either Outstanding or Exceeding expectations if they want to choose charms for their N.E.W.T year "What you must remember, is that these examinations may influence your futures for many years to come! If you have not already given serious thought to your careers, now is the time to do so. And in the meantime, I'm afraid, we shall be working harder than ever to ensure that you all do yourselves justice".

They started the class by revising banishing charm, mending charm, fire producing charm and levitation charm at one half and he started to teach the reductor curse for the next half .

"It is a difficult spell with this powerful curse, skilled wizards can easily reduce obstacles to pieces. For obvious reasons great care must be exercised when learning and practising this spell, lest you find yourself sweeping up in detention for it is all too easy to bring your classroom ceiling crashing down, or to reduce your teacher's desk to a fine mist." Professor Flitwick warned looking around the class with serious expression. 

Professor Flitwick took out his wand and said "Reducto " pointing it at the dummy in the front of him causing it to burst into ashes.

 " Now, I don't want anyone to reduce the class room to ashes so just use the curse on the wooden box placed in front of you " Professor Flitwick informed .