Chapter 21

Percy was having a good day that morning . He spend time with his cousins and Grover . He and Dumbledore had found a way to protect Harry in the third task . But at the moment he entered the maze ,he knows the rest of the day will not be a nice one . The maze which is not even a single bit like labryinth brings back memories about her . He shook his head to get rid of those thoughts . As he travelled into the maze he saw a dementor which is floating above him . He thought it as a boggart and yelled "riddikulus " but to his horror it did not collapse . His hands became sweaty , clammy , he saw Annabeth's head in his lap when she said " I....love ..you " . He saw his friends die before him , his mother being squeezed to death by Minotaur. 

He shook his head and thought about his favorite memories with Annabeth , his bickering with lovable yet hot tempered cousins , spending time with his best friend Grover , those hugs by Tyson , love for him by his mother who had lived with the walrus for years , his father hugging him and saying that he is proud of him , the happy faces of the children on getting their own cabin , happy memories with Harry , the Weasleys and especially Hermione who was there for him when he felt sad about Annabeth's death , those time they two spend together for the past weeks . Those weeks had become some of his best memories . With a determination he yelled " Expecto Patronum " causing a silver Pegasus to float out of his wand but he could not allow the dementor to roam freely in the maze so he uncapped Riptide slicing the dementor in a neat arc causing it to dissolve into golden dust .

He noted to tell this to Dumbledore  after the tournament . With that  thought started to move further into the maze . 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione was waiting along with Ron , Mrs. Weasley , Bill , Grover , Nico and Thalia . At first when Hermione saw Thalia she was jealous of her on seeing how close she was with Percy . But when Percy introduced Thalia as her cousin Hermione wanted to smack herself for feeling jealous about the two . She was waiting anxiously along with the others when a red spark flew from the maze causing everyone to speak excitedly about who that might be . After a moment Professor Snape walked along with Krum silencing the crowd . Hermione saw the Dumstrang students looked saddened that their champion is eliminated . Hermione saw Karkaroff walking out of the ground . 

Hermione was looking around for any sign of Harry or Percy when some one whispered behind "Looking for my cousin " causing Hermione to jump and look behind only to be met by a grinning face of Thalia . Hermione said something but it came out as " Huh " wanting to slap herself for that . Thalia laughed at that causing Hermione to turn scarlet . Hermione looked around and saw the Weaseleys were looking at the maze  causing her to sigh in relief since she does not want them to about her relationship . 

Thalia grabbed Hermione's arm and guided her to were Nico and Grover are watching which is just a few seats away from where she sat . On noticing her Nico raised an eyebrow at Thalia who explained what happened . On hearing that Nico grinned while Grover chided " Thalia don't scare the poor girl " though he had a grin on his face .

Grover looked at Hermione and asked " So you have crush at Percy " . Hermione blushed and said knowing there is no use to keep their relationship away from them " Well we sort of date now " gaining looks of disbelief from them . 

Thalia repeated slowly like she has trouble in understanding " You two are dating " causing  Hermione to nod in confirmation . Soon their looks of disbelief turn into big grins . Thalia crashed her in a bone crushing hug and said " Awesome . Congratulations " causing Hermione to smile at her . 

Grover said " When this happened ? " 

"A few weeks before ". 

Nico smiled at her and said " I never thought he will move on from Annabeth ". Grover and Thalia winced at that .  Grover shook his head and said " Thank you " causing Hermione to look confused . On seeing her confused expression he explained " When we first came here we thought he will be like the same when he departed from America months ago but  it was a surprise for us when Percy was happy . And now we know the reason " . Hermione smiled at the thought of making Percy happy . He deserves every happiness in the world . He saw how broken he looked at the night when they kissed thinking that his friends' death is his fault . She was broken out of her thoughts by seeing Fleur walking along with Professor Mcgonagall . 

Hogwarts broke into cheers since the remaining two champions are from Hogwarts . Hermione quietly said to herself " Its only Percy and Harry " .  

For a few minutes the three spoke about Percy and his funniest moments causing her to laugh at that . She was about to say something but it was cutoff by a huge tremor across the ground causing it to shake violently . Hermione saw Thalia , Nico and Grover exchanged looks of fear . She was about to ask it but she was cutoff when  someone yelled " There " . At that the whole crowd turned to see a pegasus patronus flew towards Dumbledore and said something and disappeared . Whatever it is , Hermione knows it is not good on seeing the look of terror on Dumbledore's face . Soon Dumbledore entered the maze leaving a stunned crowd behind. 

Hermione hissed to Thalia ,Nico and Grover " That is Percy's patronus " causing Nico to say who is looking at the place with worry where Dumbledore entered " What had Kelp head done this time ? " 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy slayed the sphinx not wanting to answer the riddle . He knows two champions were eliminated out of the task and Percy hoped Harry is among them . 

He walked and Percy saw Harry is standing before the cup looking around , that's when realization dawned in Percy the maze is not the trap , the cup is the trap . 

 He started to run towards Harry when a large vine trapped Percy's both legs , he opened his mouth  to yell but his mouth was covered by the vine . He couldn't even use his hand since they were both trapped . The vines dragged Percy into the hedges . Percy watched helplessly as Harry disappeared along with the trophy . 

On seeing that something snapped inside him he tore the vines with fury and stomped his foot on the ground causing a large tremor . Soon the whole place is damaged along with the hedges . 

He soon took out his wand and cast his patronus , since he and Dumbledore had already planned what to do incase if anything happens like this . 

Soon he was joined by Dumbledore whose face showed terror .It was the first time Percy had seen that look in the old man's face . Percy explained what happened about how the trophy is portkey causing Dumbledore to sigh miserably .

Dumbledore looked Percy in the eye and asked " Are you ready for this Percy ? " causing Percy to nod without hesitation . Soon Dumbledore took an object from his pocket and saw it  . Dumbledore looked at Percy and said gravely " Harry is at Voldemort's father's village , Percy ". 

Dumbledore held out his hand motioning for Percy to grab it . After grabbing Dumbledore's hand, both of them disappeared with a crack . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys please vote and review . Stay tuned till next chapter .