Chapter 9

Percy went to the D.A.D.A class along with Katie . People are still staring at him in hallway or the common room , the first and second years are looking at him with hero worship causing him to get annoyed . 

Percy took his seat besides Katie and looked excited for the class . 

Soon they heard Moody's distinctive clunking footsteps coming down the corridor, and he entered the room, looking as strange and frightening as ever. They could just see his clawed, wooden foot protruding from underneath his robes."You can put those away," he growled, stumping over to his desk and sitting down, "those books. You won't need them." They returned the books to their bags, Katie looking excited. 

Moody took out a register, shook his long mane of grizzled gray hair out of his twisted and scarred face, and began to call out names, his normal eye moving steadily down the list while his magical eye swiveled around, fixing upon each student as he or she answered. "Right then," he said, when the last person had declared themselves present . 

"I am not only going to teach you how to defend yourselves against the Dark Arts, but also going to show you how to defend yourselves against  the Dark Arts . I'vegot oneyear to teach you how to deal with Dark -""What, aren't you staying?" Percy blurted out.

Moody's magical eye spun around to stare at Percy ; Percy looked at him with his normal poker face, but after a moment Moody smiled - the first time Percy had seen him do so. The effect was to make his heavily scarred face look more twisted and contorted than ever, but it was nevertheless good to know that he ever did anything as friendly as smile. 

"Now I am going to teach impediment hex . It will hinder  the movement of the target, slowing it down or stopping it in its tracks .Now I am going to show you how to cast the spell " . He took his wand and looked around the class his magical eyes swirling in every direction without saying anything he cast the spell at Percy causing everyone to scream in alarm but Percy who was used to danger took his wand and cast the shield charm causing the jinx to bounce of the shield to hit Moody stopping in his tracks causing him from falling due to the power of the shield.

Everyone looked surprised including Percy himself . When Moody recovered back he strode down to Percy and patted him on the shoulder ." Well done lad . You can become a great auror if you keep like this . Constant vigilance "  . He addressed the class and said " I did that to show you the hex . The force with which the hex returned from the shield would have made me fall but look what the hex did , it stopped me in its track . It is a good spell in dealing and twenty points to Gryffindor . Now pair up and practice the spell ". 

Percy and Katie paired up and practiced the spell which Percy did it in first try which had not surprised anyone and after with the help of Percy Katie did it successfully . At the end of the class apart from the two only a few other students  did that . 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner Hermione is now sitting in the library waiting for Percy to help her in Transforming spell  . 

She thought Moody's class will be good but it was not she expected . When she heard Moody had used a jinx eventhough it was not bad jinx she was beyond furious while Percy shrugged and said " It was just for practice".