Chapter 26

Percy stood in the front of his house raising his hand to knock . It has been nearly a year he had seen his mother and it has been a month since his last IM with her . The last time he spoke to his mother was just before the third task  and after that he could not find time to speak with her . A small smile rose to his face thinking of his baby sister who was just a few days old when he spoke to his mom a month ago . The thought of his baby sister makes Percy hesitate to meet her . Don't get him wrong he already loves his baby sister too much but the only problem is his scent . The thought of the monsters harming his baby sister caused his heart to clench in fear . He could not allow that . It is the only reason for his hesitation to go inside . 

Percy was shaken out of his thought by a voice saying " Percy" causing to Percy to look at the source of the voice . Percy turned only to be met at the sight of his step-father . He is wearing a brown jacket over a black T shirt and a pair of jeans and he is carrying bags of groceries . 

Percy loves his step-father very much . Even before he knew Percy is a demigod he thought Percy is special . He didn't treat him and his mother like Gabe . He didn't resent Percy just because he is a demigod . He even destroyed some monsters in the Battle Of Manhattan . He is the best step-parent a demigod could ask for . 

Percy smiled at him and said " Hey Paul " . Immediately he dropped the groceries and rushed forward to hug Percy . Percy hugged him tightly forgetting about his hesitation to meet his family . Paul pulled back with a huge smile on his face and clapped him on his shoulder " You have grown taller Percy " taking the grocery bag with his free hand . Percy chuckled at him . 

Paul's smile turned into frown and ask " Why did you not speak last month ? Your mother was worried about you " . Percy scratched his neck nervously and said " How about we speak about it inside ? " Paul immediately nodded noticing something is bothering is step-son . 

Paul opened the door and said " Sally come on see who is here ? " closing the door behind him and Percy . Percy could hear his mother's voice " Who is that Paul ? " 

When his mother entered the hall and saw her son along with her husband she stopped in her tracks . She hesitantly took a step forward and asked shakily " Percy ? " as if she could not believe her son is here . Percy not trusting his voice knowing he will break down in front of his mother just nodded at her. The next thing Percy knew was his mother giving him a hug rivaling Tyson's bear hug causing him to stumble backwards . Despite his attempt to not cry Percy could feel his  cheeks wet . Paul smiled at mother-son reunion knowing how much the two loved each other . He knows how Sally had to put up with Gabe and his ill treating to protect Percy . After Sally told him about Gabe and what he did Paul felt disgusted at the man thinking how he could ill treat someone sweet like Sally , he then understood Percy's cautious behavior around him during their earlier days . Honestly Paul did not blame Percy for that , he is just making sure he is not like Gabe . He could not expect anything less from Percy , after all he travelled to underworld for his mother . Not wanting to disturb them took the Paul silently took the groceries to the kitchen and entered the nursery where his daughter is sleeping silently in her crib . 

After a few moments  both Percy and Sally pulled backwards and wiped their tears . Then Sally's joyful expression morphed into an angry expression , she placed a hand on hip and asked " Perseus Jackson why did you not contact me for nearly a month ? " causing Percy to chuckle nervously knowing very well his mother used 'Percy Jackson' only when she is angry .

After  eating his mother's lasagna and meat balls Percy and his mother is sitting in the couch while Paul is sitting in a love seat opposite to them . Percy missed this , his mother , Paul and his room in his home . Percy wished he could have come home early so he could have played with his sister before she was put to sleep . Percy looked at his mother who is looking at him with a questioning look making him to sigh knowing very well he could not escape the interrogation .