Chapter 20

The mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task, which would take place a week before the end of term. . Difficult and dangerous though it would undoubtedly be, Moody was right: Harry had managed to find his way past monstrous creatures and enchanted barriers before now ,and this time he had some notice, some chance and help from Percy to prepare himself for what lay ahead. Harry along with Ron and Hermione was practicing the Impediment curse when Percy walked into the room gracefully without even worrying about either the task or O.W.L.S . 

Percy greeted them with his usual lopsided grin that will make all the girls swoon. Harry's respect for the older boy increased after hearing about his curse . Percy looked at him and asked "Are you ready ? " . Harry, Ron and Hermione nodded eagerly . The Ron nodded because he wants to become a auror for which these jinxes and hexes will be useful while Hermione  nodded because she wants to get good grades in O.W.L.S . At first on hearing that Harry resisted the urge to roll his eyes . There is still a year and she started to prepare for O.W.L.S now itself .Then again this is Hermione she will practically sit in library if Harry and Ron did not drag her away from the library . 

Harry nodded because he wants to be strong to protect himself and his friends if there are any dangers from Voldemort or his death eaters.

Percy clapped his hands together and said " Then come on . We could not do practice here ". 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry saw Percy opened the door of the transfiguration class and beckoned them inside . Ron looked at Percy and asked " How did you convince Mcgonagall for this ? " 

"I asked her which she accepted since both Harry and I are from Gryffindor after all ".  Harry sometimes forget Percy is a champion since he had never seen Percy practice any spell or look nervous or scared . Harry saw how Percy looked during the first task , he looked like he is going for a jog in a park instead of facing a dragon .

Harry was shaken out of his thoughts by Percy saying " Today we can practice more important charms, spells , jinxes and hexes . First we start by Impediment curse " . 

Harry and the others did it within a few turns , it is not a surprise since it is one of the easiest curse.  Soon they started to do reductor curse which would enable him to blast solid objects out of his way . Harry had mastered it with some difficulty while the other two could not do it . Ron looked discouraged by this causing Percy to assure that he will help him to master it once the term is over since they only have few weeks before the third task . 

He then learnt the Four-Point Spell, a useful discovery of Hermione's that would make his wand point due north, therefore enabling him to check whether he was going in the right direction within the maze. He was still having trouble with the Shield Charm, though. This was supposed to cast a temporary, invisible wall around himself that deflected minor curses; Percy shattered it will a simple Jelly-Legs Jinx .

"You are doing well Harry " Percy encouraged him causing Harry to smile at Percy . Percy is really a good teacher . He knows how to encourage them , he will do a better job at DADA rather Lockart or Quirrel .  He had once again practiced the basic charms reducio , engorgio and rictumsempra . He then practiced the disarming spell against Percy who  every time managed to disarm Harry , it is not a surprise for him since he is dueling champion and all . But Percy reassured Harry disarming spell is perfect .