3.1 spark of justice

Disclaimer: This story is very very different from what I've written till now

Disclaimer: This story is very very different from what I've written till now. So, this is not a normal story.

•••

The sky was pitch black, all the animate beings in a deep slumber, resulting in a peaceful hushed atmosphere. A National Capital Territory city in India, can only be seen this calm and quiet in the dawn.

It was five in the morning when Aaron was slowly and sneakily invading into his home, hoping that his wife would be asleep by now. The minute he stepped his feet and aimed to close the doors gently, the lights were turned on in a spur of the moment. There he saw his wife, Sam, sitting furiously on the couch, clutching onto the cushions.

"Where were you till now?" She urges, getting up and marching towards him.

"Office." He bluntly replied and strolled towards his room as he was more than exhausted.

Sam ached to ask him thousands of questions which was bothering her but decided to ask in the morning as she knew he wouldn't be answering her now. One thing was sure for her that he was hiding something from her.

What could be? An affair? She ponders.

Should I tell her? He probed himself.

A tall, well-built muscular physique, fair complexion, petite button nose, keen shaved jaw, with amber-brown eyes and midnight black dishevelled hair, Aaron subsists his life for the betterment of the society in his early thirties.

An extrovert in nature, and could never hold back the rage rising by witnessing the injustice happening around Aaron. He is a thriving businessman by profession and an anonymous apprentice in the society by passion. Helping people and doing good deeds in secret was his favourite although, he never disclosed it to even his wife.

Sam came near the bed, rested down on the left side, and turned her back towards him. He craved to crawl up and hug her from behind but restrained himself as he knew she was infuriated with him.

Aaron showers immense love and care to his wife when felicitous and stay hushed when he is sad. Moreover, a generous and tenacious person with his wife being the only weakness. Aaron often meddles other people's business in order to help them, and this frequently leads to quarrelling with his wife as this synergistic business was a secret. Vaguely, she doesn't know what acts he does behind her back or without her knowledge. He could've recounted the good deeds he was doing towards the society and to his wife without any fear as she would be content to hear. However, Aaron doesn't like the fame or recognition for his deeds and aspires to do it in secret. A peaceful and prosperous world is all he desires.

Is it so much to ask for?

The next morning, Aaron nudged up early in order to reconcile with his wife. Surprising him, she was already awake, making the usual cup of morning chai.