1.6 you are the one

"So Mr Chotttuuuu...." she dragged the last part and called him.

"Yes?" he chuckled hearing the name Chottu from her.

"Why did you marry me?"

"Huh" he walked towards the balcony.

"Was it because of pity?" she questioned.

"No, no. When my father requested to attend your marriage, I already knew it was your marriage based on the information father gave on you and your family. So I decided to attend the wedding to genuinely congratulate and see you after years."

"Oh, I didn't know our fathers were friends. And you still didn't answer my question" she again asked.

"When I heard the news about the groom backing off in the last minute, I know what people will be talking about you and your family also, I know you, you know me, our fathers are old best friends. I know this is not the best solution but I did want I felt right at the moment without asking your opinion. I'm sorry" he said all in one go scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, that's it?" Afiya asked feeling like something more is left to be answered.

"What? Were you expecting something else as my answer?" he teasingly asked to which Afiya made an embarrassed face.

"By the way, earlier you said I was annoying and you didn't like me?" now it was her time to answer his questions.

"You already know the answer to it." she boringly replied.

"No, I don't know."

Flashback

All the students were so drained out listening to the boring lectures although it was just the third hour of the day.

"But Sir, I have heard that it is not like that" Ali corrected the lecturer.

"Here starts this boy like always!" Afiya said irritatingly.

"But it's always fun to watch him correcting and engaging more into the topic with Sir, our time is saved from listening to the lectures," Alina told.

"Yeah, that's right and nerds like him are good for us to ask all sort of stupid doubts and questions so that he stops the class," one of Afiya's friend said.

"Huh, whatever. He is still annoying." Afiya declared.

Soon the period was over and it was short break time. Mohammed approached Afiya, who is a friend of her when she was going out of the class along with her friends.

"Afiya you know right, the college election is soon to be held. Since you have a good character and you mingle easily with almost everyone in our class, I want you to elect this year and give nominations."

"Huh? Me? Election? NO!" she declined immediately.

"Don't just blankly say No. Just think and take your decision. You know our party only got a few seats last year. This year we want to make sure we get more seats. You already know The Youngsters Party is the majority here but still, we want to try. If you nominate, I and my party are sure you will win. Please Afiya." Mohammed pleaded sincerely.

Afiya thought for a few moments and looked at her friends to see their opinion. Alina nodded, indicating her to go for it.

"But already two girls from our class has given their nomination and one among them being my friend. I don't want to nominate against her. I need to give her my full support."Afiya tried to reason.