1.7 you are the one

So many haven't checked the previous update. Read that before this.

*****

Afiya's Favourite sports? was the question.

Car racing, he typed and the answer was correct.

Afiya was beyond shocked seeing this and thinking how did he get this one correct. How does he know about this? Does Ali know about him? she thought.

"Yes" he replied and her eyes almost bulged out.

"I said it out loud?" she asked to which he just nodded and got up.

"How? and please don't say you guessed it. Cause I don't think all your answers were mere guesswork," she queried.

"Yeah. I guessed everything. I gotta go now. Bye Assalamu Alaikum" replied so hastily and hurried out of the house.

But she had a feeling that everything was not a guess and she had thousands of questions for him.

The next few days passed just like always. She didn't get a chance to meet him and now she felt like he was striving to hide from her. Her husband, her classmate, Ali has now turned to be mysterious for her.

It was a Sunday, everyone was at home except Ali. The ladies in the house were preparing Beef Biriyani, which was Ali's favourite.

"Woah. What an aroma! This heavenly homemade biriyani's aroma can't beat any of the restaurants in the whole world." Ali stated, coming towards the kitchen.

"Ali! you are here at this time?" Mrs Malik exclaimed.

"Huh, Can't I even come to my home at any time?" Ali asked with a dramatic gloomy face.

"Uff this boy. Go freshen and come. We will serve food soon." Mrs Malik said.

Ali had a big shopper in his hand which he handed to Afiya and said,

"Keep them in the fridge. You can serve it as dessert after lunch."

She nodded and took it and opened to see what he bought.

There was a cake box inside and another big box which was Cookies and Cream Ice cream.

Both are my favourite. Did he buy it for me, she thought.

The lunch went well, everyone ate very joyfully because they were having lunch with Ali after ages and for Afiya, it was the first time.

After serving dessert everyone dispersed to their rooms. Afiya also ran behind Ali to ask her questions.

"Ali?" she called him when they reached their room.

"Yes?" he replied, removing his watch on the dressing table.

"I wanted to ask you since that day. How do you know so much about me when I know nothing about you" Afiya inquired.

Ali stared at her face for a few seconds, walked towards the bed and sat at the right side. Afiya sat opposite him and waited for his response.

"Okay. I will be honest with you. But don't think me as a psycho or something" he nervously requested.

"I would never. You can openly talk to me anything cause I'm your wife and I will never judge you," she replied with a genuine smile which made him happy.

"During our first year in college, I did hate you also. You were so noisy and I felt like you were an attention seeker. But later I came to know that your nature was like that. But you never bothered to talk to me and talked with almost everyone else. I always intentionally asked questions in class cause, I noticed that was the only time you looked at my direction." he embarrassingly said scratching the back of his neck.

"What! Really! Aww, my Ali..." Afiya chuckled.

"I know you may not know this, but your loud voice is always loud enough for all of us in the class to know what you and your friends are talking. I even came with your friends to canteen two times, that time I get to know about some of your likes and dislikes. Then, about him. Yeah, I know. It was very obvious and anyone would understand that you had a crush on our college's famous car racer. And in your last year, you even joined in the girl's car racing team so that you can see him practising." he explained.

"What! Did you know? Sorry everyone knew? Did you also take part in car racing in college sports?" she asked as she didn't remember much about Ali during the college days.

"No. I was at swimming. I know you may not know, but I was the best swimmer from our college." he said with pride.

"Oh" was all she replied.

"Well, You may be thinking about how I know all the details of you. The thing is... I liked you from the first year itself. Your nature towards everyone and your hate, annoyance towards me, made me like you. I don't know if you still like that racer guy. But I always wanted to get rid of this lump in my heart that I Like You. I always prayed to Allah, if you were meant to be mine, please make her mine. And he heard my prayer and gave me you in an unexpected situation."

Everything except the part I Like You, Ali said was very hard for Afiya to digest.

"I'm sorry if you are startled by my sudden confession. But for me, this is in my heart for 6 years. You don't need to reciprocate the feelings suddenly. You can take your own time. You are beside me now, that's only what matters to me now." Ali tried to explain.

Afiya was having so many unknown emotions listening to Ali. She is very confused, happy, relieved at the same time. She wanted to say so many things to him, but no words came to her as a proper reply.

In order to change the mood and topic, she suddenly suggested,

"You said you were the best swimmer in our college right? Let's have a race."

"What? You know how to swim?" he teased.

"Excuse me Mr, I did learn some swimming from my school. I can't say I'm the best. But let's give it a shot?" She suggested.

He smiled and nodded. He was feeling relieved that she was being comfortable with him and nothing was awkward between them which he thought would come after his confessions.

They both took their swimming costume and walked towards upstairs.

Afiya was relieved that she bought a navy blue modesty swimming suit for her which covered her whole body and the material was not a type which sticks in the body. She tied her hair into a bun and wore the swimming cap.

When she came out from the dressing room, she saw Ali was standing there facing his back. He was wearing a navy blue boxer which reached just above his knee with a sleeveless white t-shirt.

Afiya stood there a few seconds admiring him. Don't lose your sense, she told to herself.

"Are you ready my dear?" Mrs Malik asked. That's when Afiya noticed her mother-in-laws presence.

"Y-Yes" suddenly she got nervous.

"No race is fair without a person to judge. So Mma will be the judge of the day," Ali answered her unasked question.

"I always wanted to whistle and start a game like this." Mrs Malik excitedly stated to which both Ali and Afiya laughed.

Both of them took their places and were ready for their race.

"All the best," they both said to each other at the same time and laughed.

"Okay dears. ON YOUR MARK, GET SET GOO..." saying this Mrs Malik whistled.

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM / HEY EVERYONE

How was the chapter?

Who do you think will Win? ALI or AFIYA?

DONT FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT