epilogue

It has been five years since their marriage

It has been five years since their marriage. Years flew in a jiffy, quicker than a rocket for them. But all these years they lived with utmost pleasure and being content in their life filled with cheerfulness, happiness and merriment.

Naira became the youngest lecturer at IIM, Banglore. The same institution where they both studied and embellished friendlier. She was more than fortunate enough to get a job at her institution and teach the upcoming MBA graduates.

Since it was the last period of the first day at college, she decided to give a free period to her students and mingle with each other to get to know them better. Everyone was full of enthusiasm and lively and some even initiated to show off their skills, talents like singing, dancing in front of the class. Time flew quicker than expected and Naira realised this when she heard the bell, indicating that the class was over. But still, few more students were left to introduce themselves. So, she thought to continue for a few more minutes.

Their introduction session was interrupted when everyone heard a knock on the door. Naira turned her posture from her student and peered back at the door where the knock came.

It was her Husband, Nayel Ibrahim.

"I'm snatching away your precious teacher." He declared.

Her face turned red due to embarrassment when he declared his statement in front of her students. She rolled her eyes and turned back to her students and announced,

"Okay, that's it for today. Let's continue this tomorrow."

All girls in the class were giggling when they saw Nayel, and whilst he proudly declared snatching their teacher.

"Ma'am, is he your husband?"

"Y-yes." She blushed while replying and strolled towards the table near the whiteboard to grab her bag to leave.

Ma Sha Allah, some students mumbled.

She paced towards Nayel who was resting his head on the door and waiting for her. They stared each other for a nanosecond and got abrupted when a girl stood up from her seat and asked,

"Was it a love marriage? You both look cute."

"No, it was a surprise marriage!" Nayel chuckled saying, grabbed her hand and slowly walked towards the parking lot.

-

They pulled their car into the driveway of Little Kids pre-school, where their three and a half-year-old son Naim was studying. Just like the meaning of his name; happiness, peaceful, bliss, he was indeed the reason for all these in their life too. Their little bundle of joy.

The little boy jumped on the car along with his father and sat on his lap in the driving seat. In the process throwing his new black batman bag to the back seat.