1.2 you are the one

"Finally our sleepyhead has bothered to show up" Mrs Malik, Afiya's mother-in-law teasingly said.

Mrs Malik was cutting the vegetables, to prepare for lunch along with her two other daughters-in-law. Afiya is not a morning person since childhood and now her in-laws, very well know her routine and laziness. Being the only child to Afiya's parents she indeed was a spoiled lazy brat. So her in-laws allowed her to sleep till noon and never allowed her to take kitchen chores. She was treated no less than a princess over there. That's how Mrs Malik is showering love and blessings to everyone. Despite being rich, they never bragged about it neither did they spend money recklessly.

Even after getting all these special treatments and love from Afiya's new family, she never felt the fulfilment of content happiness in her heart. This is her new home still, she wasn't feeling like one.

"Hey... anyone missed me? Sorry, I was a little bit late." Shanaya barged in the kitchen, breaking Afiya's chain of thoughts.

"You need to be punished, girl! Just look at the time, you are so late." Safa, the elder daughter-in-law of the house complained.

"Yes Safa, she deserves it. Taking advantage of the freedom we have given" Mirza the other daughter-in-law said, agreeing with Safa.

Afiya laughed seeing this and decided to speak up,

"Leave the poor girl alone. She must have been caught up with some other works," she said favouring Shanaya.

"A servant should know her place and act upon that," this time it was Mrs Malik who spoke teasingly.

"Okay, fine!" Shanaya announced making the situation so serious and went to grab some vegetables from the fridge to prepare for lunch.

Everyone burst out laughing when she went.

Shanaya was an orphan Pakistani girl, who was recommended to Malik's house by the old maid. She is 22-years-old, one year younger than Afiya, so, she was treated as one among them and not as a typical maid.

The Men in the house returns only after 6:30 pm so usually, the whole house is for the four girls(Safa, Mirza, Afiya & Shanaya) to chill and have fun.

All of them went to rest after helping in the kitchen, even Afiya tried helping with some chores after her protests. Everyone was leaving to their rooms to take rest that's when Mrs Malik stopped Afiya by saying,

" Afiya dear I know this marriage is not perfect for you as my son is busy and rarely home since your marriage. It's because of his new business which is making him busy with responsibilities. I heard from his father that he will be free from his hectic work within one or two weeks. So smile beta, better days are coming."

"Jee Mma..."Afiya said with a genuine smile on her face and she went to the library in their house. The only place in the house where she felt so serene and appeased.

She took out a notepad from one of the shelves and started to note down the points on what she knows about her Husband by her observation and by what she heard from her in-laws

1. His name...well I don't know yet. But everyone calls him Chottu. So I'll call him Mr Chottu? :P

2. As per my theory, he loves his work.

3. He started his own business and is the owner of so many chains of restaurants around the world.

4. He doesn't like sleep that much, unlike me.

5. Mr Malik and his elder son reach home at 6:30 pm(They both work in the Malik Co.), the other son (who works as a lecturer)reach around 8 pm. The part I loved about this family that they don't have to work in their family business and can do anything which they love.