1.8 you are the one

New pretty cover by scentofobsession
Thank you so much for this💕

This chapter is dedicated to rashardhajara20 Rose_411 SAIYYAD786 lilactxewho always reads as soon as I update💕🙊

*****

Both of them took their places and were ready for their race.

"All the best," they both said to each other at the same time and laughed.

"Okay dears. ON YOUR MARK, GET SET GOO..." saying this Mrs Malik whistled.

As soon as Afiya heard the whistle, she started to swim. It's been ages since she last had a swimming race, but she was trying her best to swim faster than Ali. She somehow wanted to defeat him and show him that girls too can swim.

She was almost near the end of the pool whereas Ali was just behind her. Afiya smiled inside thinking that she has already won.

But in a swift speed, Ali overtook her and won the race.

"Ali has won the race." Mrs Malik announced.

Ali chuckled seeing Afiya who was now glaring at him with an irritated face. He was going towards the rail of the pool to wash up and then Afiya called him from behind and said,

"Well, That was impressive. I admit that you are a good swimmer."

"Thank you. I'm glad my wife is impressed." Ali chuckled, shaking his head and left to change.

Afiya was starring at his back till he disappeared. She was in her chain of thoughts with so many unknown emotions.

"Come Afiya, get up. Otherwise, you will catch a cold." Mrs Malik reminded her, as she was still standing in the swimming pool with her thoughts.

After taking a warm bath from the bathroom inside the pool area she cascaded towards her room. She had a bright smile on her face as if she had won the race and something else too.

When she entered their room, she saw Ali who was wearing a navy blue full sleeve t-shirt and was picking some dress and packing them in a suitcase. Slowly taking steps towards him she enquired,

"Are you going somewhere?"

He just nodded with a smile.

"Oh, Where?"

"Switzerland," he replied observation her expression.

"Oh. Great," she replied with a gloomy face.

"Why that gloomy face?" he urged noticing her.

"Nothing. It was my dream place to go for a honeymoon when I was small," she answered remembering how badly she wished to go there.

"For your information, dreams come true and even your dream," he told.

"What do you mean?" she confusedly asked.

"Surprise! We are going to Switzerland tomorrow. Pack your bags."

Afiya was beyond shocked to hear what he told her and jumped in excitement. She started screaming and jumping like a small kid. Seeing this Ali also giggled like a small kid. He was seeing her like this for the first time. In her that happy state, without thinking once she jumped and hugged Ali. He got startled by her sudden action but he reciprocated the hug slowly and not so tightly.