2.2 my junior boy

The atrocious sound of the engines from the train and the irritating noise of the greedy ticket attendant made Nayel frustrated

The atrocious sound of the engines from the train and the irritating noise of the greedy ticket attendant made Nayel frustrated. He quickly took out his brown Allen Solly wallet from his pocket, flipped his fingers through the notes, taking out the exact amount for the fine and handed it to that greedy man by saying,

"Here you go."

Nayel didn't even know Naira well, in fact, he was seeing her from the train for the first time. Nevertheless, he smiled looking at Naira, knowing that she was thankful to him.

Naira was surprised and equally thankful for helping her. But she was battling with herself whether to thank him or not. She considered doing the most lenient thing so she smiled back at him pleasantly.

The ticket attendant disappeared as soon as he got what he wanted.

Soon the speed of the train was slowing down, the engines roaring, indicating the people that the train is going to halt in the station.

Everyone started grabbing their luggage and slowly getting down from the train. Now also Naira was the last one to get down. She grasped at the moment when she saw students getting down from almost all the cabins.

"A-are they all here to participate?" she whispers asked, Farah.

"Obviously Yes! What else could be the reason they are here?" she asked back.

Naira mentally face palmed asking an obvious question so foolishly and nodded.

Nowfan is the leader in charge so, he made everyone gather at a platform and commenced taking their counts. He had already taken the counts on how many people came from the train. Now he was monitoring whether all are present here without missing anyone.

"Eighty-eight, eighty-nine and Ninety! All check. Let's proceed." Nowfan announced. He made some calls and instructed everyone to go towards the main entrance of the railway station where a bus is waiting to pick them all up.

Only Naira was the one who was amazed by the number of people present cause all others didn't even mind about the tremendous mob they are. Fifty students present were juniors and the rest forty were seniors. Since they were ninety in number two buses appeared in which all boys got on one bus and all girls on the other bus.

This time Naira rushed to get a seat and enrolled the bus hastily.

"Someone became feisty," Farah chuckled and sat next to her.

Naira returned a genuine smile and grinned which shocked her.

"So friends?" Farah asked her handing out her hand in a typical cliche style with a genuine smile.

Naira was taken aback from the question. It was the first time someone showed an interest in being friends with her. She always had only one aim in her life that was to study hard and live an independent life. She is the class topper since kindergarten so she never got time to make friends and she even didn't know the meaning of friends. She kept pondering on the question which was asked by Farah and decided to taste the feeling of getting a friend.