Nineteen- *All the Lies*

I step inside the room, mentally preparing myself for being alone with Harry tonight. Yes, I've been alone with him before, more than once, but this time is different. This time, it is going to be weird and awkward because I know that I tried kissing him yesterday and he turned me down. Yet there's also the part where I found out that he stares at me a lot and it seems to Niall that he likes me. Confused is the word for what I feel. Confused whether or not I like Harry or hate him. Confused whether Harry likes me or hates me.

"Took you long enough. I almost pressed play," Harry says. He is standing in the kitchen until he notices me walking back toward the couch. I stay quiet - Opposite of my thoughts. I can't stop asking myself about my feelings toward Harry and his toward me. Should I talk to him about it? Or will I just look like a fool?

"Liv?" Harry sounds concerned and I hadn't realized I was sitting on the couch, focused on a blank wall behind the television.

"Huh?" I turn my attention to Harry. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. I told you, you could've just pressed play."

Harry looks at me suspicious, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lie. He squints his eyes as if he's trying to read me better.

"What's wrong with you?" I divert. He laughs and leans back on the couch, across from me, as if dropping his question. He presses play on the movie and I don't watch it. At all. My eyes may be focused on the two people on the screen, but my mind and attention is elsewhere.

Should I apologize to Harry for kissing him and tell him it was the alcohol? That's one question sticking in my head. I have to say I'm very embarrassed about what I did more than anything. Well, tried to do. My stomach turns at the thought of being rejected by him and my cheeks heat, even though no one is making fun of me for it. The thought alone makes me quiver.

What Niall said downstairs has completely been thrown from my head by the time the movie is over. There is no way that Harry likes me, if he didn't want my kiss from last night. As Harry sits up from his position and turns off the television, I make my decision just to apologize to Harry and tell him the alcohol was to blame. If I was completely sober right now, I would not be doing this, but with the small amount of alcohol still in my bloodstream, I'm brave enough.

Harry glares at me when I look at him and before I can even speak, the words disappear from my head. Whys he looking at me like this? Is he going to bring up the kiss before me and make fun of me?

"What?" I stutter, not able to speak loudly from his stare.

"She dies?" He mumbles and I laugh when I realize my paranoia is out of control. He's just upset about the movie.

"Oh...." I chuckle. "Yeah, she dies."

"Why would you let me watch that?"

"It's my favorite movie."

"Favorite movie?" He looks lost. I chuckle, but then stop when I remember that I need to tell him.

"Harry, can we talk about something?" I ask, nervously. Harry only stands from the couch.

"How is that your favorite movie?" He doesn't even acknowledge that Im trying to talk to him about something else.

"They finally get together and Harold agrees to their love and punches the Duke in the face and then she dies!? That's a horrible movie!" He yells and stomps his foot like a kid.

"Harry." I breathe, not caring if he liked the ending of the movie or not.

"No, seriously. I'm mad at you now for making me watch that." His voice is serious, but his eyes give away that he's only joking. One of his dimples forms on his cheek, completely giving it away that he's only kidding.