*One- Promise?*

"Who is he?"

"My boss's son. Come on, Liv. I told you about this three days ago." My father scowls at my loss of memory. Honestly, there must be something wrong with my head because I don't remember him mentioning anything about me having to keep some kid company for two weeks!

"I do not recall you saying this to me. Therefore, I can't." I state, but those damn brown eyes burn through me like always, telling me what they have always told me sense I was born. He always gets his way.

I narrow my eyes on my tormenting dad as he does the same, "I have....plans." I lie before crossing my arms over my chest and scrunching up my shoulders, attempting to make it seem like the truth.

"Laying in your room, playing on your phone and listening to your dumb music is not plans." He copies my stance, raising his brows further.

"Hey! My music is not dumb!" I gasp. "I take that as offense and now I'm definitely not doing you a favor." I turn my body away from him, sticking my head up- very proud-like.

"Alright." He sighs and I turn back to him surprised that he's given in so easily. He always seems to win at these kind of things.

"I guess you don't want the free vacation then." He says whilst leaving me in my room.

"No school, staying at home for Winter Break is vacation to me." I yell out the door, even though his figure isn't in my presence anymore.

I go to shut the door to my bedroom, but I jump back and screech as my dad's head pops around the corner, scaring me half to death.

"I guess you don't want the money either."

"Money?" My intentions become much more interested at the word.

His head leaves my view again but I quickly step out into the hallway, grabbing on his arm to stop him.

"What money?" I ask with my best questioning face.

"Oh, just the three-thousand five hundred dollars that Mr. Styles was going to give to you." He shrugs his shoulders as if it's not a large amount of cash, he just said.

"Three-thousand big ones?!"

"Three-thousand five hundred." He corrects and my mouth gapes open.

"That's how much that car I've been wanting to buy is!" I screech out and my dad's lips turn up to a grin.

"I know."

"That means that I would be able to buy it!"

"I know."

My eyes narrow on my dad's and we have a long stare-off with each other. I bite my lip as he begins to smile widely, which never fails to make me smile.

"Fine, I'll do it." I say in a mad tone while scowling at my incredibly talented negotiator of a father.

"Promise?"

I hesitantly look at his pinky that he's sticking out for me to grasp.

"Couldn't Mr. Whatever just give me the money and we can all be happy?"

"Olivia." He warns.

I huff before rolling my eyes and taking his pinky in mine, "Promise."