Twenty Two- *New Years*

It's been six days since I've spoken to Harry and I hate that I've been counting. It's been difficult to keep him out of my head, though. It's like he just won't disappear from my mind. I keep imagining what it would be like if we were together. Us, going to LVAC together and such. It would never work though. We are too different. I mean look at what happened in a week of us being together. We've fought most of the time and I ended up in a hospital.

The plane ride home with my dad was the hardest. I couldn't even sleep like I did when Harry and I flew to New York. My brain just kept running with thoughts and memories with Harry.

I don't know why I'm so attached to him. It's only been a couple of days. It's not like I'm in love with him or anything. I mean it's only been like a couple of days. I just like him... alot. I just need to tell myself that it's something that could never work.

It's New Years Eve now and I was planning on just staying at the house and watch Jacob while my parents went out, but my friend Luna insisted I come to a New Years Eve party. I've known Luna my whole life so it was hard to tell her no.

When I told her I had to babysit, she gave my parents a babysitters number and gloated about how amazing they were. I didn't put up a fight though, I just got dressed. I need something to get my mind off of Harry.

I haven't told Luna about Harry nor any of my other friends. Not even my mom. I feel like I'm crazy because I can't stop thinking about him. He was just someone I had to accompany for my dad for money. Even though I didn't take the money. Mr. Styles tried hard to give it to me but I refused.

I don't believe I deserved the money. I ruined Harrys vacation with all my drama I brung into his life.

"Liv? You okay?" Luna nudges my shoulder and I nod my head, trying to dissolve what's left of Harry in my head.

"What's wrong with you? You've been different ever since you got back from that job you had to do for your dad," she reminds me. I know I've been acting different. It's because I'm sad about him.

"I'm fine. What are you talking about?" I laugh, but in no way is it real.

"Well, we're here so lighten up dude." She parks her car and we both step out. If I never acted so stupid in New York with Harry wed still be there, coming home soon with three thousand dollars coming my way for a new car.

"So, who's house is this anyway? It looks too big to be one of your friends house," I admit, looking at the architect. This place is a mansion and there is hundreds of people here. I find myself wishing I was in New York with Harry instead of being here.

We walk through the front door and are greeted with a grounded entry.

"I don't know. Someone rich. He's like a super important dude," she says and I laugh. A real laugh.

"An important dude. Wow. He sounds important," I tease.

"Yeh, so is his son. He's hot as hell. Well have to find him and I'll show you," she yells through the loud voices to me and suddenly I stop, knowing exactly who's home this is.

"Luna!" I yell. While she keeps walking, I stay frozen to the ground, unable to move. She notices I'm not behind her and I can tell she gets annoyed.

"What? Come on." she grabs my hand and pulls me to follow her. I resist though.

"Luna, I have to go. It's a long story but I have to go." I can't be here if Harry is here. We ended on no good terms and I don't think I could handle it if I saw him. I'm trying to just erase him from my mind.

"What? No, you're not leaving? What's wrong?" I can tell she's getting very upset with the way I've been acting.

"I'll tell you tomorrow. I can't be here," I say and she just stares at me, thinking of what to say. I know she wants to stay here but she's probably thinking it would be a good thing if she left with me.

"You can stay, I'll go. Its okay I promise." I smile.

She rolls her eyes, "It's almost the countdown. Can you at least stay for the countdown. Then I'll leave with you. Swear."

I bite my lip, not knowing whether I should stay or not. "Okay," I breathe. She hugs me and thanks me for staying and I secretly roll my eyes when she's not looking.

Luna and I walk into the living room where a gigantic flat screen television is on display, playing the ball drop they do every year in New York. For some reason my eyes begin to water when I realize Harry and I would be there right now if I wasn't so stupid.

"One minute 'til the new year!" Luna turns to me. She notices my glossy eyes and immediately becomes concerned. "Olivia, oh my god. Okay seriously whats wrong? Tell me now."

I shake my head, "Ill tell you later. Please, I just need to go. Stay here and have fun. I'll call my dad."

Luna hesitates for a second, "Fine. Feel better. Whatever the hell is wrong with you." She jokes to make me smile, but it doesn't work. "I'll just message Mandy. She's here."

"Okay."

I quickly turn away from Luna and push my way through the people who are beginning the countdown at thirty seconds. I try to find my way outside, but I don't remember which way we came in.

People shout the numbers in my ears, only making it harder to find my way out. I thank god when I see the front door opening up and people walking through, rushing to countdown with everyone else and get their New Years kiss. I wonder if Harry would've kissed me in New York today.

I push the thought out of my head and rush outside into the cold wind. I pull out my phone to call my dad, but stop when I realize that it's the countdown. I don't want to ruin his because I ruined my New Years countdown for me.

I stand on the curb and listen to everyone shouting on the inside of the house. Involuntarily I begin to count with them.

"Twenty, nineteen, eighteen," I whisper to myself, with a tear falling down my cheek.

"I should be in New York right now." I jump from my spot on the curb and turn around to see who's outside with me. By his voice, I know who it is.

My heart hits my rib cage when I see Harry standing behind me with his arms crossed over his chest. I take a deep breath and try to seem like I wasn't just crying over the man in front of me.

"But the girl I was with left me." He takes a step forward and I wipe under my eyes, but keep a tough face. "Yah see, she's an idiot and fell while ice skating an banged up her head." He waits for me to speak, but I'm loss at words .

"Sounds clumsy," I come up with and he takes a step toward me again, dropping his hands to his sides.

"Very clumsy. And annoying."

I scowl at Harry, "Maybe she did it on purpose, so that she didn't have to be around you anymore."

"No, I don't think so. I think she liked me. A lot," he says and I swallow, not knowing of a something good to say.

"Did she?" Is all I could think of.

"Yes, she did." He closes the space between us and I'm out of all breath. "But not as much as I liked her."

His words make my heart and stomach jump and as if I'm in a movie, everyone finishes the countdown and screams Happy New Year all together.

Harry smirks at the perfect timing and I can't hold back my small grin.

"I think this is the part where you kiss me," I say.

"I was getting to that. Jeez, you act just like her." Harry groans and I roll my eyes.

My heart completely goes numb when Harry slowly presses his lips against mine. Our first kiss together and I must say, that in now way could this have been any better.

(Epilogue coming your way....)