Chapter 10

"Oops!? That's all you have to say?" Hamish yelled at Diana after the practice came to an end.

    Two of the players had taken Finn to the hospital wing, who was making too much of a fuss for it. Diana assumed it was to grab the girls' pity and get some attention.

     "You did that on purpose!" said Hamish, following her out of the field.

     "I told you, it was an accident." Diana shrugged, making her way toward the locker rooms as Hamish followed after her angrily.

     "You and I both know that you don't make such accidents."

      "Look, Quidditch isn't a cute little game. People are bound to get hurt every once in a while," she said, holding back a grin. "Besides, if Finn was such a good Beater, he would've sent the Bludger away and defended himself. He had a bat, didn't he? Defense against Bludgers is literally his job. It's not my fault he was too busy being a pervert and staring at the girls in the stands."

     Hamish sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose out of frustration before looking back at her angrily. "Listen here, Greengrass. You either get your temper under control, or as soon as I find a Beater better than you, you can kiss this team goodbye."

     Diana gave him a sweet little smile, dripping with fake-sympathy and pity. "Good luck with that, because I don't see either of those things happening any time soon." And so, sending him one last smirk, she entered the locker rooms.

***

The next day, Diana and Layla both made their way to the Herbology class which they shared with the Ravenclaws that year. The greenhouse they went to contained way more dangerous plants than the previous years, such as the Fanged Geranium which they were obliged to work on for the next few weeks.

     "Now I want you to take this subject seriously, because it will come up in your O.W.Ls," said the professor sternly. "Therefore, I want you to write an essay on the usages of the Fanged Geranium, due next session."

     Everyone in class groaned to themselves, but there was no room for arguing. Their fifth year's examinations were extremely important, and all the professors were giving their share of homework and long essays.

     After Herbology, Diana left the greenhouse along with Layla so they could head to their Divination class. They didn't have much time to have a break, because the Divination classroom was all the way across the castle, located at the top of the North Tower.

     "Merlin, I hate these stairs!" Layla huffed out as the two of them walked up, breathing heavily for air.

     Once they reached the circular trapdoor which was the entrance to the classroom, they climbed through it. Immediately, they were welcomed with the smell of rosewood and candles. The velvet curtains were all drawn and the lights were dim, except for the many lamps that were draped with dark red scarves on the tables.

     In the classroom, at least twenty small and circular tables were set, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little pouffes. The fire which was burning under the crowded mantelpiece was giving off a heavy, sickly sort of perfume that always made them a bit dizzy.

     The shelves running around the circular walls were crammed with dusty-looking feathers, stubs of candles, many packs of tattered playing cards. There were also countless of silvery crystal balls, one on each table.

     "He's not here yet," Layla whispered, and Diana knew she was talking about the Divination professor, whom almost everyone found rather spooky.