Chapter 41

As soon as their parchments landed in front of them on their desk, Diana and Remus snatched them up to see their own results. They didn't cared about the fact that they had gotten two of the highest scores in the whole class. All that mattered to them was that who had done better in the test, and which one of them had won the bet.

Diana looked at the top of her own paper at the number which Professor Kumar had written there in red. Her smile widened the next moment when she saw a large 95 written there. This meant that Remus had gotten 93.

"Ha! I won!" Diana exclaimed, punching the air in triumph before turning to face Remus with a broad grin. "In your face, Lupin!"

At that, everyone turned to look at her direction weirdly. Diana cleared her throat and pursed her lips together, blushing lightly in embarrassment.

Although when she turned to look over at Remus to see why he wasn't complaining about losing, she saw that he had his eyes fixed on one of the questions, observing it carefully.

"What are you looking for in there?" Diana raised a brow at him, not liking the thoughtful and calm expression on his face.

Without answering her, Remus grabbed his examination paper and picked up his Ancient Runes' book before walking toward Professor Kumar's desk.

Diana watched him in confusion, wondering what on earth he was on about.

"Excuse me, Professor," Remus started politely once he reached her, "I believe you made a mistake in checking this question in my paper."

What the hell... Diana thought to herself as Remus handed the parchment to Professor Kumar, pointing at the question. He then opened his book to the relating chapter and showed it to her for proof.

"This is exactly what I wrote in my paper," Remus explained. "My answer is the same as it is written in page sixteen. Right here."

"I see..." Professor Kumar nodded at last. "You're right. I apologize, Mr. Lupin. Mistakes do happen sometimes in checking the examinations. I guess I owe you five points."

Diana's eyes widened in horror as Professor Kumar placed Remus's paper down on her desk and took out her quill, scratching out his previous score and writing a new one.

"Thank you, Professor." Smiling with satisfaction, Remus took his paper back from her before making his way back to his desk, where Diana was sitting with her mouth hanging open in disbelief.

Grinning, Remus stood right in front of her and raised his paper so she could clearly see his new score written on top of the paper. He had gotten 98 on the test.

Remus smiled down at her sweetly. "I guess I won the bet after all."

***

On the following weekend, all the boys and girls wore their best clothes for Valentine's day, leaving the castle in pairs to go to the Hogsmeade village. Although as always, unlike the others, Diana wore her Hogwarts uniform, consisting of her trousers and white button-up shirt, with her coat on top of it to keep her from the cold winter.

    The snow had stopped falling two days ago, though the castle grounds remained coated with a beautiful white player, and so Diana wore her long woolly socks before leaving the girls' dormitory along with Layla.

     Layla was wearing a pretty outfit and had spent minutes styling her curly brown hair into a beautiful afro, using the Sleekeazy's Hair Potion. She always liked to look her best on dates, even though she wasn't practically looking forward to going out with Tom Walker today for Valentine.

     The two girls met up with Regulus down in the common room before walking out and through the dungeons.

     "I kinda wish I could spend the day with you two," said Layla gloomily. "This day's gonna suck."

     "Tell me about it," Diana mumbled under her breath. She still hadn't mentioned the bet she'd had with Remus Lupin, and the fact that she was going to hang out with him for today.

     She was hoping that he had completely forgotten about it, seeing as Diana hadn't received an owl from him to say where they were supposed to meet up and at what time.

     Although as soon as they walked up the marble staircase and emerged into the entrance hall, Diana came to a halt, gulping when she saw Remus standing there with his back leaned against the wall.

      "Damn it," Diana muttered, knowing that he was probably waiting for her.

      She had a lot of explaining to do for both Layla and Regulus.

     Once Remus sighted Diana from afar, a little smile was formed on his lips and he took a step away from the wall, his hands in the pockets of his oversized jacket, which he wearing on top of his hoodie.

"Why is Lupin waving at our direction?" Regulus whispered bitterly, glaring at his brother's friend.

"Ooh, he's coming our way," Layla wiggled her brows at Diana as Remus started walking toward them with a little smile.

"Hello," said Remus once he reached them, his eyes now on Diana as he grinned. "Ready for our date?"

Regulus's eyes widened. Layla's jaw dropped. They all gaped up at the boy in horror, before staring at Diana.

Diana looked back at her friends and briskly shook her, quickly starting to explain, "No — it's really not what it sounds li—"

She was trying to say, but her words were cut off when Remus grabbed a hold of her wrist and quickly dragged her away and out of the entrance hall.

"What the hell, Lupin? Now they'll think we're actually going on a real date!" Diana retorted as Remus kept dragging her off, walking across the snow-covered ground. She regretted that she hadn't explained it to her friends beforehand.

"Good." Remus smiled sweetly, finally letting go of her hand and burying his hands in his pockets again. "This could be phase one."

"Phase one?" Diana repeated, scared to know what he had in mind.

"Of course!" He nodded brightly. "Like I promised; this is going to be the crappiest and cheesiest date in history. I'll try to make it as humiliating as possible, so be prepared to have the worst day of your life. One that you'll never be able to forget."