Chapter 16

Diana had a bad feeling about her upcoming date with Sirius Black that remained with her the entire week. But she tried to focus more on her studies.

     Layla was a great distraction as well, and when Diana was a around her, it was easier to ignore the four loud Gryffindor boys. But Diana knew that her friend wasn't going to be around to keep her company in her Ancient Runes class.

     After finishing their breakfast that day, Diana and Layla got up from the Slytherin table, picking up their bags so they could leave the Great Hall and get to their classes.

     Although their attention was caught when they heard loud squeals and gasps from the Gryffindor table. Turning around, their eyes widened when they saw Potter, Black, Lupin, and Pettigrew there, with a parchment in front of them which had caught fire.

     "What the hell are they doing?" Layla blinked a few times.

     Now all eyes were on the four boys as James Potter quickly took out his wand, pointing at the burning parchments, and saying loudly, "Agumenti!"

      On cue, water splashed out and the fire died out. The four boys roared with laughter afterwards, but their faces fell when Professor McGonagall started walking toward them angrily.

    "Okay, let's go now," said Layla, grabbing Diana's wrist and walking out of the Great Hall, and away from trouble.

     "I'll see you after class," Diana said after they reached the point where they had to go their separate ways. Layla waved her goodbye and turned the corridor to the left.

     Diana took the one the the right, making her way toward the West Tower where her Ancient Runes' class always took place. She walked for at least fifteen to twenty minutes to finally get there, stopping for a moment to catch her breath after the long walk up the many stairs and different corridors.

     Taking one last deep breath in, Diana walked toward the classroom, entering through the door. But her jaw nearly dropped when she saw Remus Lupin there, already sitting behind his desk with his book opened in his hand as he read through.

     "How — I —" Diana muttered to herself in disbelief. She blinked a few times in confusion, not sure if she were imagining things. She was sure that she had seen him in the Great Hall with his friends that morning. How could he have possibly gotten here so fast?

     But just then Diana turned her head around when she heard someone clear their throat as she was standing at the doorway.

     Looking behind her, she saw Professor Kumar standing there in her silk robes, with her books hugged to her chest.

     "Sorry, Professor," said Diana, stepping aside from the doorway so she could pass by, but the Professor only smiled at her cheekily.

     "You know, Miss Greengrass," she started, smiling at her knowingly, "the seat beside Mr. Lupin is empty, if you wish to sit with him."

    Diana felt her face flush at those words, realizing that Professor Kumar had seen her staring at the boy.

    "N-no — I wasn't looking at him like that — this is just a misunderstanding —" Diana tried to say, suddenly panicking.

     "Don't worry, Diana. I won't tell anyone," Professor Kumar whispered, winking at her before entering the classroom.

    Diana closed her eyes as she stood at the doorway for a moment longer in embarrassment before walking in as well to take her usual seat in the back of the class.

***

For the first time in her life, Diana wished that the weekend would never arrive. But sooner or later, she knew that the time of her date with Sirius Black would arrive.

Her date was supposed to be at six, but she was still in bed at 5:30.

    "Oh, for Merlin's sake! Get up!" Layla shook her by the arm, trying to get her out of bed for the hundredth time.

    "No. I'm sick. I think I have Dragon Pox," Diana said from under the blanket, obviously lying.

     Lyla sighed and then pulled the cover off her in a quick motion before Diana could resist it. "If you don't hurry, you won't even have the time to take a shower."

    "Good. I want to stink. Maybe that will scare him off," said Diana, sitting up on the bed.

    "Nice try. But you don't stink," said Layla, holding onto Diana's both hands to force her up to her feet. "Do you want me to lend you a pretty dress or something?"

     "Nah, it's fine." Diana shrugged the matter off before walking up to her trunk to find something of her own to wear.

     "At least let me do something with your hair," Layla said desperately. "You could look really good if you wanted to."

    "Don't want to. Not going to," Diana said casually, taking something random out of her trunk.

    "But it's a date! Dressing up is one of the most fun parts!" Layla insisted, but Diana wasn't having it.

     "Oooh, are you going on a date, Greengrass?" one of the girls in their dorm suddenly asked, looking at her direction curiously.

     "Who's the poor guy?" another girl questioned, sniggering along with her friend.

     If it was any other situation, Diana would've simply said 'none of your bloody business' and then would've gone along with her day. But she saw the opportunity right before her eyes, and she wasn't going to miss the chance to mess with their heads.

     So, with a sweet little smile on her lips, Diana turned to look at her. "Oh, no one special. Sirius Black asked me out last week. I'm not sure if you know him, though."

     It didn't take an idiot to realize that the two Slytherin girls did know him, and by the shocked look on their faces, it was obvious that their blood was boiling in jealousy.

     With a grin, Diana stole a glance at Layla's direction, who bore a proud expression on her face which said, 'I've taught you well'.

     "S-sirius Black? The Sirius Black?" said the girl in a hollow voice, staring at Diana in disbelief.

     "How many Sirius Blacks do you know?" Diana said with a smirk, but she didn't wait any longer for their reply as she went into the bathroom to get ready.

     After she was ready, Diana bade Layla goodbye, and so, ignoring the death glare the other girls were sending her, she left the dormitory.

     Black hadn't really told her where they should meet, so she just decided to wait outside the Slytherin common room for him. Hopefully he wouldn't show up and so Diana could return back to her dorm after ten minutes of waiting, winning the bet without actually going on the date.

     For the bet, she was only technically supposed to say yes to the first person who asked her out. Layla had said nothing about actually going on a date. The loop hole was perfect.

     Checking her watch, Diana saw that it was almost six o'clock. There was no way Black could be here already, because he didn't really struck her as the punctual type.

     But Diana was proven wrong when she stepped out of the Slytherin common room, only to find Sirius Black standing there with his back against the wall, looking as handsome yet arrogant as ever.