Chapter 18

Diana's breath hitched as she looked up at Sirius. Her heartbeat started speeding up, throbbing in her chest. His face was so close to hers that she could practically feel his breath on her skin, and could smell his expensive cologne on his clothes.

Sirius had her locked up between his arms as he had pressed both hands up against the wall on her either side while he glanced down at her lips, a grin spread across his face.

"What — what do you think you're doing?" Diana asked breathlessly, her eyes fixed on his perfectly-shaped lips.

"Well, you asked what other things I had in mind that we could do on a date, and this certainly is the most fun part," Sirius said, smirking lightly.

"I —" Diana began to speak, wanting to protest, but she stopped in her tracks as Sirius lifted his arm and placed a hand on her pale and freckly cheek. Although her eyes widened when she saw him close his eyes, starting to lean in.

The next moment, as though she was acting on reflex and feeling completely in horror, Diana suddenly raised up her knee in a quick movement, hitting him harshly in the crotch.

Sirius groaned and abruptly stepped away from her, crouching down on the grass as he shut his eyes close in pain.

Diana stepped away from the wall, breathing heavily as she stared down at him, still feeling the horror in her mind. Sirius glared up at her, unable to say a word. But the daggers in his eyes said it all.

"You — you'll regret this," he managed to growl the words through gritted teeth.

"Oh, will I?" Diana raised her brows at him wittily. "Well, how about the next time you decide to mess with a Slytherin, you think of the consequences first?"

And so, before he could say another word, she ran out of the Quidditch field as soon as Sirius began to feebly stand to his feet.

     Diana rushed through the castle, deciding to skip dinner as she ran down toward the Slytherin common room. She said the password quickly, but only after making sure no one was following her.

Once she got to her dorm, she closed the door behind her and leaned her back against it, still breathing heavily. She was alone in the room, seeing as the other girls were up in the Great Hall for dinner.

Despite this night being a complete and utter disaster, Diana was surprised that she found herself smiling. Because not only had she won Layla's bet, but she had also gotten good information about the Gryffindors' Quidditch strategies and had kicked the popular Sirius Black in the nuts. And wasn't that just any girl's dream.

When Layla showed up in the dorm after less than hour, she bombarded Diana with questions, asking how the date had gone.

But all Diana said was, "Let's just hope he wasn't planning on having babies in the future."

***

With the first Quidditch match of the year approaching, Diana let her team and captain know of the Gryffindors' strategy for Beaters. It wasn't enough for guaranteeing a win for the Slytherins, because at the end of the day, a win most likely depended on the Seekers.

But despite this, Diana wasn't even nearly done with Sirius Black, promising herself that she would pay him back for even thinking about using her for spying.

He would've hurt my feelings if I had any, Diana thought to herself grimly.

     "All right, team," Hamish started as the Slytherin players were gathered in the locker room, right before the match. They could hear the cheers of the audience outside in the stands.

     "The Gryffindor captain is new, so we might not be familiar with their strategies this year. But we do know that one of their Beaters is assigned to attack our players, and the other's job is to defend their own team," Hamish went on, reviewing their plan. "Our job would be to quickly find out which of their Beaters has the job to attack us, and we must knock him off immediately. It should be the first priority for our Beaters."

    He looked at Diana directly at those words, knowing that she was their best shot at doing this.

     "Now, let's get going!" Hamish boomed, and so the Slytherin team took their brooms up, walking out onto the field in their green Quidditch robes.

     All the houses had showed up to watch the game, cheering the teams on as they walked toward each other, meeting at the centre of the field.

     "Mount your brooms!" Madam Hooch called loudly after the captains had shaken hand. "On my whistle! Three... Two... one!"

     With the sound of her whistle, the balls were all set free and the players shot to the sky. A Hufflepuff fifth year boy was the commentator of the match as always, speaking through the magical microphone.

    "Chaser James Potter catches the Quaffle! He flies past Tom Walker, Slytherin Chaser! Potter throws the Quaffle at chaser Marlene McKinnon!"

The boy said cheerfully.

     "She flies towards the hoops – a bludger's been thrown at her direction – blocked by Beater Sirius Black! He's rather handsome – for the record, I'm not gay. Just observing."

      He got a death glare from Professor McGonagall.

"Right... back to the game! McKinnon gets closer to the hoop – almost there – YES! SHE SCORES! Ten points to Gryffindor!"

     Diana's eyes was fixed on the two Gryffindor Beater, trying to see who was trying to throw the Bludgers at the Slytherins. With a satisfied grin, she saw that it was Sirius Black. And so she dived in, her bat in hand.

    "The Quaffle is passed to James Potter! He's going for the hoops — Beater Diana Geengrass in now going for the Bludger! She throws it at Sirius Black and — WOAH! That was a close miss! He nearly falls off his broom! Damn... It looked personal..."

Diana cursed under her breath at the close miss. It was true that she was the best Beater Slytherins could have, but there was no denying that Sirius Black was a better player than their whole team put together. And so was James Potter.

     Twenty minutes into the game, the score was sixty to forty in Gryffindor's favor, and that was when the Gryffindor Seeker spotted the Golden Snitch. So leaning forward on her broom, she shot onward.

     "Looks like Gryffindor Seeker, Jenna Potter, has spotted the Snitch! Look at her go! Seeker Regulus Black is after it as well – Oh, no! He is shot by a Bludger sent from his own brother, Sirius, and – ouch! He hits the ground! That must've hurt..."

Diana shot a glare at Finn, who was in charge of defense. Hamish was yelling at Finn as well, but all their attention was then caught when the Gryffindor Seeker advanced on the Snitch. She got closer and closer, her arm outstretched. And finally –

     "She catches the Snitch!" the commentator boomed as a loud cheer erupted. "GRYFFINDOR WINS!"