Chapter 74

The next day, a surprise awaited the students at the Great Hall during breakfast. They had been expecting a quiet morning like any other, but a scream from the Slytherin table caught all their attention.

     Looking over, Diana's eyes widened when she saw Finn Martin yelling in horror as enormous red acnes and boils the size of nuts started appearing on his skin, covering his whole face. Even his hands were filled with them.

     Mayhem fell upon the Great Hall as some students laughed, his friends screamer in horror, a few teachers helped him up to the hospital wing, and the rest of the professors tried to find out the source of the incident.

     As it turned out, someone had poisoned his drink, and Diana could already guess who that 'someone' was.

     After breakfast, Diana walked up to their old Ancient Runes class where their lessons were being held this year as well, though the number of students were less than last year.

      Once she walked into the classroom, she saw Remus sitting on his usual seat at the front of the class, reading his book. With a little grin, Diana walked toward him and took her seat next to him,

      "So," she started as soon as she sat down, "Poisoned drink. Large acne and boils on face. Does that have anything to do with you, by any chance?"

     "I don't know what you're talking about," said Remus, without taking his eyes off his book.

     Although he then lowered the book and leaned his face closer toward her, whispering with a mischievous glimmer in his eyes, "But from what I know, that certain potion which was accidentally poured into his shampoo the previous night creates boils everywhere on a person's skin. And I mean everywhere."

     Diana snorted with laughter, trying to imagine Finn's reaction when he pulls down his pants only to find his unspeakable parts covered with enormous red boils.

     "Do I even wanna know how on earth that person managed to sneak into his form and pour the potion in Finn's shampoo?" Diana questioned worriedly.

     "Not person. People," Remus corrected her. "It was a job for four people, to be exact."

      "Oh, God." She shook her head at him playfully. "You lot scare me sometimes."

      "Sometimes it scares me, too." Remus chuckled.

      "Is there even a single night you don't break rules? What kind of a prefect are you?"

      "We don't break rules every day!" Remus said defensively.

      "Oh, yeah? So you're telling me you're not planning on doing anything crazy tonight?"

      "Of course n— well, yeah. But just because it's Sirius's birthday today. We're actually sneaking out of the castle tonight for some Fire Whiskey at the Three Broomsticks to celebrate him becoming of age."

     Diana scoffed. "Yeah. As if you lot need a reason to sneak out of the castle to drink."

      Remus laughed, but he wasn't able to respond as Professor Kumar walked into the classroom and soon began the lesson.