Chapter two

"Call me after class, and ask Colson," I nodded, grabbing my bag and getting out of the car

"Call me after class, and ask Colson," I nodded, grabbing my bag and getting out of the car. Ada drove me to classes every day as I didn't have a car and she happened to work a few blocks away from my school. It was convenient as well as cheaper. We had the money we needed but we didn't want to be dependent on Natalia as well as Nathanial's money.

I shut the door and headed inside. The sky was clouded and from the weather forecast I saw this morning, there was a good chance it would rain.

I walked across the campus, passing students that I barely even knew, and opened the door to the building, where all of my classes were taught. I walked inside, going towards the very end of the hall.

"Brielle!" I heard a voice and immediately recognised my boyfriend of two years Colson. He didn't study here full-time and only took a few classes that were required for his degree. Despite that, I found his presence very enjoyable. After all, I had no one else to talk to during my time here.

He approached me before wrapping his arms around me. I found his company very calming. He was down-to-earth and always put others before himself. Even if sometimes we did end up butting heads over certain things.

Besides that, I loved his dark brown hair and blue eyes. He was an athletic guy, with a nice body, so there was nothing to complain about.

"How are you?" I smiled.

"I'm good. I have five minutes until class, so make it quick," he nodded.

"I was hoping to invite you to my family trip," he said. His father was the one thing I hated about his family. Maybe his mom wasn't champagne and roses, but at least she was tolerable. I knew for a fact that his father didn't want me with his son. He still, to this day, thought that I didn't have my life figured out. "We're going to Switzerland," I smiled but shook my head. I couldn't entertain the sole idea of spending a week or worse even more with that man. I couldn't stand how patronising and belligerent he acted around me and made me feel like complete and utter shit. But I haven't exactly told Colson anything regarding his family's actions towards me.

I was afraid he'd think I was just doing this for attention or to turn him against his family.

"I'm leaving for Italy in three weeks," he furrowed his brows. "Wedding, remember?"

"Oh," he said disappointed.

"I was hoping you'd come with me, but your family trip is more important. Besides, Olessia is coming, so I'll be fine," he slightly nodded. I could tell he wanted to go with me.

We have been spending a lot of time together but never slept over at each other's houses. I still felt horrible since the mess that happened two years ago, that I have only slept with Colson once.

Ever since the night between Nicolas and I happened, I felt bad about keeping it from Colson. Sure, we weren't dating back then but that night shaped our relationship until the present day. But I had to keep telling myself that it happened before Colson and I got together. Technically, I had done nothing wrong.