Chapter twenty-seven

I woke up, completely wrapped in something heavy and warm

I woke up, completely wrapped in something heavy and warm. That rich scent of nicotine, vanilla and rosewood met my nose. I smiled as I moved, feeling his stiff cock right against my ass. Judging from the bright light coming from the windows it was later in the morning. I hoped I hadn't overslept much but knowing Nico kept me up all night, I needed the rest.

I managed to get my arm out of his hold and grabbed my phone on the nightstand and checked the time. It read eight thirty which wasn't all that bad.

A groan came from behind me as Nico pulled me back against his hard chest and placed a kiss on my bare shoulder.

"Why do you want to go?" He asked, his voice deep and raspy.

"I didn't want to go but I can't sleep all morning," he didn't respond and stayed still. "When are you leaving for London?"

"In a few days," he answered. There were less than two weeks to go until my sister's wedding and less than two weeks until whatever was happening between Nicolas and I would have to hit a rocky end. "What time is it?" He mumbled, his hand cupping my breast.

"Half past eight," he began to pull his hands away and sat up, his upper body on full display in front of the bright light coming through the windows. I admired his inked flesh as he rubbed his eyes and looked towards the window, lost in some thought. He then looked back at me and leaned down to kiss me before climbing out of bed. "Where are you going now?" He smiled as he rose to his full length, completely naked right before my eyes.

"I have a meeting at nine," he said, walking over to the window and crossing his arms over his chest as he stretched out his neck.

"Where?"

"In my club. I don't mind being late if that's what you're asking," I smiled, shifting on the bed with my eyes still on his handsome body.

"You're the boss, right?" He chuckled before turning to face me and smiled.

"Sure, why not?" I smiled as he walked towards the bathroom and disappeared behind the door.

It still felt weird to be so calm with him around. I didn't want to stab him or hit him with a frying pan in a few days now which was an impressive record. I giggled at the thought.

Truth was, I was falling for the man as quickly as light can travel through outer space. I never wanted this to happen this fast but the heart has a mind of its own. I can't force my heart to love someone just like I can't force it to forget someone I thought had been bad for me.

Maybe he still was but it seemed as though it didn't matter to me.

I felt safe and happy around him. I feel like the longing I've felt for something these past few years evaporates the moment he's around.

The door opened and Nicolas walked out still completely bare before he looked around the room for his clothes.

"You ruined not only my shirt but also my very expensive bra," he looked at me as though he was confused. "You ripped them apart!" He put on the boxers he found on the floor before meeting my eyes. He picked up his jacket from the floor and took out his wallet. I was surprised he kept such a thing with him but watched him carefully as he took out what looked like a black metal card before he threw it on the bed and dropped the jacket and wallet back onto the bed.