Chapter thirty-two

I gathered my phone and purse before heading out of my bedroom and down the stairs to the foyer

I gathered my phone and purse before heading out of my bedroom and down the stairs to the foyer. Nicolas was getting ready in his bedroom for Kassian's bachelor party and despite telling him I'd stop by to say goodbye, I've been running a little late after Nico couldn't let me go until I'd been fucked over five times.

I saw the black limousine outside waiting for us and Olessia with Amelia all dressed and ready right beside it. Ada was waiting by the door for me with Vittoria and Verona would meet us at the club since she was out with one of her many boyfriends. I didn't judge. Whatever made her happy.

I wore a short, black sparkly dress with long sleeves and an open back. I had put my hair into a high ponytail which I curled and opted for a pair of diamond earrings Nico had given me. Despite knowing it was a family heirloom of sorts, I didn't have any other ones that looked well with my dress. And technically, I didn't know about the actual price of the jewellery.

Ada wore a tight-fitting white dress that was just above her knees. She wore long, white, satin gloves and had her hair straightened. Her face lit up once she saw me.

"You look stunning," she said making me smile. I hugged her before I pulled away and put on a white satin sash around her with the words 'Bride-to-be" written on it with many diamonds bedazzling the letters. She grinned from ear to ear as I put a small crown on her head with a short veil.

"Gods, you look like a bride already," she laughed as she hugged me.

"I love you and thank you for everything, Brielle," I smiled as she pulled away.

"Let's go and start the festivities," she nodded and turned around towards the door. I glanced towards the hallway on my left, feeling someone's eyes on me, and saw Eduardo standing there in front of Nico's office door, looking right at us. He didn't seem very uneasy as he never shows much emotion but something about his face made me nervous.

Ada tugged me forward and just as we got down the stairs, she was engulfed by the other girls. Amelia wore a short, black satin dress with string straps. Olessia opted for a black, sparkling jumpsuit with short sleeves that helped portray the tattoos on her arms. Vittoria wore a slightly longer black dress with a deep-V cut and string straps.

Once we were inside the limousine and slowly cruising out of the long driveway, I popped open a bottle of champagne and poured some into five glasses. The good energy radiated in the air as we sang along to music and ingested alcohol for the fun of the night.

I opened the small opening in the roof and came through it alongside Ada. Feeling the wind hitting our faces, I felt a strange feeling of contentment. It felt right. Everything I was doing felt like it had to have happened and I was on the right path.

I came back into the limousine and filled up my glass with champagne. As we cruised around the entire city, conversations started to flow.

"How many kids do you want?" Vittoria asked, leaning against me with her arm on my shoulder.