Chapter seven

I looked at my computer screen, checking the document that I was about to send off to Amando

My plan was becoming to bloom faster. With his help, I would frame my father, humiliate him and let him rot in hell as I took the throne. I had a few more things to accomplish before I could let it all happen but without his help, I was useless. I had to have some backup since Nate was no longer in the picture.

But Amando was also walking on thin ice. Whatever my father did with his sister Greta, did happen. Yet no one knew. Amando wasn't supposed to be wrapped up in any messes with my family. That was sure enough. Yet the perfect time had arisen when his father was on vacation in Switzerland.

I sent him the document with some information he had requested about my father's business in New York.

Caruso corp. - was one of the biggest companies in America and was a huge rival of my family's businesses. Carlo Caruso was working with the Marion Institute which was a finance and economic research company, a second power in the American government. After Nate's father died and he inherited the company Matrix, he made sure he was well established in the US before expanding his wits around the globe.

That was who Robert Marion was playing against. A mathematical genius with close ties to the Italian Cosa Nostra.

Back at the beginning of the year, I attended the charity gala of NYU, where Nate announced the person who would take a much-desired spot in his company. He chose, without any doubt Amelia, who wasn't just his girlfriend. She was one of the greatest minds he'd ever encountered and had an intellect which could've easily put Nate to the test.

He reached out to me for some help with Atlas Becket, who attended the same class with Amelia and wanted to blackmail her into giving the position up before he released photos of her and Nate together. After all, professor and student relationships were quite frowned upon in society.

As I looked into him, I found some interesting information. He was the son of Carlo Caruso and Georgia Becket. I remember thinking that Carlo stooped to such lows and had a kid solely to be a pawn in his game. He purposely gave Atlas his mother's last name and raised him away from the world in secret. Although he was always around and didn't grow up in some secluded mountain cabin, no one knew of his true relations with the family.

Carlo bribed the university dean and hence allowed his son to study engineering. Atlas was smart in his subject but both he nor his father failed to notice when he managed to enrol in the university.

It was the second day after which Nate announced his position as a professor and hoped to butter him up until Atlas was working for him as a secret spy. It wouldn't have worked either way since the truth would've come out in the second round of Nate's procedure before choosing a candidate. Since he was working with the Cosa Nostra, he had many targets on him. That's why he always asked me to get a good look into every employee or possible candidate before moving forward.