Chapter eight

I've looked around my bedroom a dozen times already as I finished packing my suitcase

I've looked around my bedroom a dozen times already as I finished packing my suitcase. I left it for the final day I had in the US before I hopped on a private plane and headed to Italy. The first time I was going to another continent and it was going to make or break me.

"You done?" Ada asked as she entered the room. I smiled as I turned my head back and looked at her. She looked around my room wearing a white turtleneck sweater and blue jeans alongside her white sneakers. She looked happier than ever about this move and it made me very happy to know that she was excited about getting married.

It was Nathanial who arranged a private plane for our group, yet I wasn't sure how he'd deal with the fact that he'd be the only man (excluding one male pilot) onboard. His mother, sister, girlfriend and us two were going with him on the twelve-hour flight. He said he'd gotten used to the women of his household after being around us for so many years but we all saw how worn out he was after spending more than an hour around us.

Although he couldn't complain much, I managed to excite him with mathematical topics which he had the pleasure of explaining to me. And now that Amelia was going with us, we could entertain him with more knowledge. Or lack thereof.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Ada as I put away the black dress and tucked it underneath the layers of clothes. I was going to bring it with me just in case he got on my nerves so much that I wanted to kill him.

Newsflash, I already did.

I didn't pack the frying pan, however. I thought long and hard about a weapon but I figured that he'd have a broad selection of frying pans in his kitchen that must be bigger than our house.

"I'm a little nervous. Meeting the family will be one heck of a rodeo," she said as she sat down. "Nathanial sat me down yesterday and told me a little about them," I looked back at my suitcase and closed it, zipping it up.

"It's one heck of a family, that's for sure," I said as I made my way to my desk. I grabbed my iPad and took out the cords I'd need for my gadgets while I was away.

"He told me that despite the warm welcome I had from Nico, I should keep my distance," I looked at her before I chuckled.

"If you think he'd go to such lengths to have some peace and quiet, you're crazy," I grabbed the cords and brought them to another suitcase. "He acts like this tough guy but in reality, he's a fool."

"I think you're overreacting a bit," she said, making me look at her with a frown.

"Overreacting?" She nodded. "How the hell am I overreacting? He's the one that doesn't leave me alone and follows me around everywhere," Ada sighed before speaking.

"I just think that the both of you are playing some game that will end with one of you broken-hearted and the other, pissed as hell," I rolled my eyes and continued to pack. "He's a powerful man and you have an attitude that can bring even men like him to the ground, I'll give you that," she said. "But I really hope that your little feud winds down. At least so that you don't ruin my wedding," I gave her my most genuine smile.