Chapter eleven

Just as I closed the balcony door, my phone buzzed in my pocket

Just as I closed the balcony door, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out before checking who had disturbed my peace.

Nathaniel: Come to Eduardo's office.

I rolled my eyes internally before sliding the phone into the pocket of my pants and grabbing my suit jacket on the way out of my bedroom.

Once out of my room, I headed through the hallway, slowing my pace once some voices reached my ears. A door was slightly open feet away from my bedroom.

"You haven't even checked up on me in the last however many hours and yet you say you get mistreated?" I could recognise that voice in a crowd. I stopped right by the door, silently listening to the conversation. I knew it was wrong of me to do so but the demons inside of me were well satisfied knowing just how mad she was at the guy that didn't deserve a single fibre of her.

"Colson, I can't have you ruining my time here so I'll tell you one more fucking time-" I was about to listen further but the footsteps coming up the grand stairs caught my attention and made me walk away from Brielle's door as I put on my jacket.

On second thought, why the hell was her bedroom in my wing? I thought that everyone was going to be staying in the north wing yet it seemed like someone purposefully let her stay here.

Amelia was the one to appear from the stairs. I smiled at her before we went our separate ways. She headed towards Brielle's room while I went towards my father's office the second time today.

I hated that room with everything inside me. I guess I could say I masked it well but deep down, I knew the first thing I'd do after I was boss was burn that room to the damn ground. Ruin it beyond repair, so that every evening spent there never once resurfaced again.

Of course, it would take longer for such desires to be fulfilled but I was patient. So patient, I was ready to kiss his ass for however many years it took just to make sure that one day, he'd burn with that damn room.

One of my father's guards opened the door after spotting me. I stepped inside, unbuttoning my jacket before I sat down on one of the two armchairs. The other one was occupied by Nathanial while Kassian stood behind him, his hands gripping the back of the chair. Eduardo stared at me, leaning back in his chair.

"What?" I asked in Italian.

"Have you heard about Marion Institute?" Nathaniel asked me in English. I looked over at him just as Eduardo's butler came to my side and offered a tray with whiskey. I grabbed a tumbler before nodding in appreciation.

"I've heard it but haven't looked into it," I said, knowing that Nate would see right through me. "Is this what the meeting is about?" Nate shook his head before looking at my father.

"Emiliano has informed me that he just received an offer from Saint regarding a new business deal," I took a sip of the whiskey.

Emiliano was Giovani's father and the godfather of a close mafia familia. I wasn't surprised Eduardo was getting slightly irritated by the news since there has always been this raging rivalry between Emiliano and him. Just like Gio and I were very close ever since our school days, Eduardo and Emiliano had been just like that in their days. They've never declared war against each other, yet both have some hatred towards one another. Perhaps my father hated him more than the other way around.