Chapter fifteen

I walked out of my bedroom at exactly nine in the morning, hoping to go outside and take in the calm and tranquil morning

I walked out of my bedroom at exactly nine in the morning, hoping to go outside and take in the calm and tranquil morning. I knew it was pouring outside since midnight but I liked the rain. It was what calmed me.

I almost jumped at the sight of Nicolas by his bedroom door. "Jesus Crist, can you stop being around me?" I started to head away from him but I could hear his footsteps behind me.

"I'm in no mood for bickering with you," he said as he caught up to me and to my surprise, pushed me to the side before opening a door and shoving me inside. I was about to yell at him before he covered my mouth with his hand. He grabbed my body as I tried to kick and escape from his hold, yet was too weak compared to him. He dropped me on a bed all while having my mouth covered.

Something about him made me pause. I frowned as I stared at him, my chest moving faster due to the excessive breathing. Nico still possessed the darkness and rage displayed well on him yet his under eyes were darker than usual. Not something you could notice from afar but something wasn't quite right.

"We have to stay away from one another," his hand held my wrists above me. I tried to move my head to make him free my mouth. He didn't seem to get the hint or just didn't want to take it. "Laura is starting to suspect shit and I'm not comfortable with rumours going around in the estate. I have major plans as you may have heard so please, don't make me throw you out of here." I frowned again, thinking he had completely lost his mind. "Promise you won't cause a scene?" I nodded before he took his hand off, still holding onto my wrists.

"First of all, I don't appreciate you throwing me into this room like I'm a bag of potatoes," he rolled his eyes slightly before looking right back at me. "Second, I have no problem with our current situation. I would beg to differ with your opinion since it seems as though you're the one always complaining," maybe I was slightly biased since I wasn't exactly okay with being in such small proximity to him but at least I wasn't so annoying like he was being. Was I?

"Says the girl who had a tantrum in the pantry," he mumbled.

"I can scream you know," I realised far too late what door I had opened for him. A smile, closer to a smirk appeared on his face, making heat pool between my thighs from the sight.

"Yeah, I'm well aware of how loud that throat can scream." His eyes dipped down to my lips before looking back up at my eyes. "And just how deep it was." I squirmed in his hold, making him smile. His knee was pressed on my leg, keeping me even more under his control. "Listen-"

"I wasn't done yet," I interrupted. "I don't care if your little diva of a fiancé suspects anything. That sounds more like a you problem, Nicolas," he clenched his jaw, his hold on my wrists tightening. "And you have absolutely no trust in me. It's been two years and yet I've kept my mouth shut, haven't I?"

"I don't trust you because I don't trust my fucking h-" he stopped on, I presumed, the final word. "You're right, Brielle. I don't trust you, but I don't understand how you would think I could ever do the opposite?"