Chapter thirty

I opened her bedroom door, while the entire estate was completely silent as everyone slept

I opened her bedroom door, while the entire estate was completely silent as everyone slept. Initially, I was supposed to be gone for two more days but after Brȧulio disappeared and my security team was upgraded, there was no reason for me to stay when I could be with her.

We'd texted yesterday morning but after some time she stopped responding, making me worry if she was alright. I knew that she had to be since people I trusted were under the same roof, she was on but that lingering feeling of danger still bothered me.

I closed the door and walked inside the room, trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake her up. I could see Brielle sleeping peacefully as the rain hit the window, making a relaxing sound. The only light that was present was coming from the outside and yet it made it difficult to see much on the inside. I decided to get ready for bed first before I went on to touch her in any way. She was a drug that took over my mind and body and was hard to get over.

I took off my jacket with my dress shirt in the bathroom and brushed my teeth afterwards using the many extra brushes and toothpaste in the storage drawers. After that, I removed my pants and was about to fold them neatly when I heard sounds coming through the small space through the door, I had specifically left to hear whatever might happen outside.

I rushed out of the room and looked at Brielle. A frown was present on her face as she slowly shifted in the bed, getting on her side. I stood there for a moment before returning to the bathroom to put everything neatly away.

Once I turned off the light and closed the bathroom door, I set an alarm on my phone before placing it on the bedside table. As loud wind hurled on the outside and made the rain hit the window more rapidly, Brielle started mumbling something under her breath.

I climbed into her bed, feeling the warmth of her body. I wrapped one hand around her waist and pulled her to me, feeling her tense under my touch. I placed a kiss on her bare shoulder, feeling my heart become full again. I couldn't help but sigh at the hard truth laying right in front of me.

I loved this girl.

More than any four words could describe.

Her hand touched my hand as her quiet voice spoke, freaking me out.

"No, please, no," I frowned, moving over her so that I saw her face.

"Brielle!" I tried to wake her up, one hand n the side of her face. Her nose scrunched as something happened in her mind, making my heart race. "Fiore mio, per favore," I gently shook her, trying to be as gentile as possible. Her breathing became more rapid before her eyes opened and she almost screamed before she saw me in front of her. "Fuck, amore," I placed a kiss on her forehead, feeling her hands touch my shoulders. "You alright?" I pulled away from her slowly before she nodded and I laid back down on the bed, one arm still wrapped around her.

"What are you-" she turned around, looking disorientated as ever.

"I came back earlier. I would've told you but you stopped responding to me," she sighed as she pressed her forehead against my chest. I hugged her close to my body before I placed a kiss on her head. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I whispered.