Chapter thirty-four

I knocked on Ada's bedroom door, waiting patiently with the hurdle happening down the stairs

I knocked on Ada's bedroom door, waiting patiently with the hurdle happening down the stairs. She opened the door and as I stepped inside, I couldn't hide the shock on my face at the sight of her in a beautiful bridal gown.

The dress was a tight-fitting, lace dress with many sparkles doused across the lace fabric. I had thought the dress was beautiful the day I saw it on her in the bridal shop back in the States. Yet now, as her hair was beautifully curled and decorated with a long veil and a diamond piece that held it together. A shining diamond necklace sat on her chest and sparkled from all of the lights surrounding us.

My eyes began to fill up, making Ada teary just as much.

"I'll hate you if you make me cry and ruin my make-up," I laughed as I gently wiped a tear rolling down my cheek and hugged my sister.

"Mom and dad would be so proud of you, Ada," I whispered, holding her tightly.

"I love you," she said as I pulled away from her with a smile.

"I love you too," she smiled, gently running her hand down my hand.

"You look beautiful, Bri," I smiled as I thought of how different our lives would be if our parents were alive. In terms of my outfit, I wore a long, chiffon dress in burgundy that matched the main colours of the decorations around the space. It had two string straps and a slit that revealed some of my right leg. My hair was curled and left loose and in addition to that, I wore small diamond earrings. I chose not to wear the Salucci heirloom since I was almost certain someone would catch onto it and point it out.

"I can't believe this is happening," Ada muttered as she moved back before the mirror and looked at her reflection. As much as I was emotional and definitely not in the right state of mind, I did want to tell Ada about Nicolas and I. I didn't know when I'd next see her after the wedding and after the ceremony, I knew it would be a struggle to have a private moment with her.

"I was hoping to talk to you about something," she looked worryingly at me through the mirror.

"Is everything alright?" I nodded, smiling awkwardly.

"I just..." I looked around the room, searching for the right words to use in this context. "I wanted to tell you that I have been seeing Nicolas ever since we came here," she looked back at me, her brows pinched together.

"What?"

"I was thinking about telling you but we wanted to make sure no one knew since it could as well jeopardise his entire life. I just..." I met her eyes. "I just didn't find the right time to tell you. Not that this is any more ideal," she stared at me for a moment, my heart racing a million miles per hour. "I just didn't know when I'd get another chance to privately speak to you and-"

"Brielle," Ada interrupted. "I hope you don't think I'm some kind of evil step-sister or something," she turned to face me. "I'm slightly hurt that you didn't tell me as we always tended to be open with one another but I don't see why I should be reacting in any other way than to be supportive," it took me a few seconds to process everything she aid before a smile appeared on my face. "And I must admit that I've always thought you could do better than Colson. Don't get me wrong, I liked the kid but something about him made me weary." I smiled.