PART ONE - Chapter 1: Wren

a/n: i would like to preface this with the fact that this is a re-uploaded version of Dragonspeaker, which i originally posted under the account name of Silky_Sands. i am simply posting this under a new account name, mainly for account issues and wanting to move accounts instead of simply changing my name. as such, i'm re-uploading this story as i know it was liked by a fair amount of users on here and i want others to be able to read this fanfiction on Wattpad if that's what is preferred. i am currently rewriting certain chapters simply when i have the time - as of now, the plan is mainly for the first couple of chapters. there will likely be some changes in certain parts, but will generally follow the same plot (though most will be way longer than the original chapter, whoops). i apologise for those who were looking forwards to the next chapter of this fic and had to wait so long for it.

besides this, i would like to note something else as i know how shipping is in this fandom - some of the pairings in this are Wrenvy (Wren x Ivy - sort of? it's not explicitly romantic it's more of an alterous relationship since in here both are non-sam aros but yes it is Wrenvy content), Grovanberry (Grove x Rowan x Cranberry), Daffiolet (Daffodil x Violet), and Blark (Brook x Lark). ships that are mentioned in the books such as Leavy (Leaf x Ivy) and Wrendauntable (Wren x Undauntable) will be acknowledged as such in this fic, but they will remain platonic. if you aren't a fan of that, i'm sure there are other Dragonslayer sequel fics that have either ships in them that are romantic in nature - please don't get angry that i'm not going to write certain relationships in a way you may want.

and on a final note, please note that since the release of The Dangerous Gift, this story will not follow Wings of Fire's canon timeline and any stories following it will not either. so if that isn't your thing, i'd probably recommend looking elsewhere as i don't tend to follow canon after the second arc, anyhow.

without further ado, i hope you enjoy this fic that accidentally turned into a huge project that i grew to really love over time. or rereading it, if it isn't for the first time. whatever works.

----

PART ONE

WREN

Wren rubbed her eyes, blinking several times. She was greeted with a gentle ray of sunlight; presumably dawn. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed Ivy and Leaf nearby, still asleep - she still found it odd to be travelling with other humans, after living alone with Sky for so long. It was odd in a nice sort of way, though - she was with humans she knew she could trust and genuinely liked. Sky had began to stir next to her, yawning a little.

Getting on her knees, she sat up, stretching. She'd been used to waking up early, usually rising with the sun - it was also useful for when she and Sky needed to leave so they could stay on the move. I wonder how quickly Ivy and Leaf will get used to this, She wondered. I mean, maybe Leaf is an early riser nowadays but...

Soon Sky was more or less awake, though he still seemed rather groggy. Wren smiled, albeit mainly to herself.

"Good morning, Sky," She greeted him, chuckling softly.

He grinned back. "Morning to you too." He glanced over in Leaf and Ivy's direction. "It's going to be so exciting travelling with more people!"

Wren gave him a smile, nodding. She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about traveling with others yet, but she was glad that Sky seemed to be enjoying it. She glanced over in the same direction, a smirk creeping onto her face. Speaking of other people...those two must be late sleepers or something, She concluded. Nothing I can't fix.