PART TWO - Chapter 16: Wren

PART TWO

WREN

Wren held in a few fits of laughter as Leaf fumbled with his words. This has to be my best idea yet. She was sitting down in front of him, reorganising the items in her knapsack. Various items such as books and a few extra clothes she had gotten during her short time in Valor. They were taking something of a break before setting off later in the morning - in the meanwhile, Wren had decided to sort out her equipment. I'm guessing Ivy begged Sky to take her for a ride...they've been out for a while.

She was getting somewhat worried about them, but she knew they wouldn't go too far. And honestly, Leaf would've put up more of a fuss about leaving them both alone if it was dangerous. There didn't seem to be too many dragons up at daybreak, anyhow. Or humans, if Ivy's sleeping patterns are anything to go by...

"...Wren, I don't think I'm saying this properly," Leaf eventually said, grimacing. "Are you sure you have the pronunciation right? This doesn't even sound like a word."

Taking off her glove, she threw it at him, scoffing. "Of course I have it right!" Or at least, I really hope I do.

Leaf threw it back at her, hitting her in the face. "What does it even mean? I don't understand any of it! This is definitely more of a you and Ivy thing than a you and me thing, Wren."

Resisting the urge to chuck her glove at him again, Wren crossed her arms. "Maybe, but if you tried harder, we could make it more of a group activity!"

"I think Ivy prefers it being a more one on one thing, if you get what I mean," Leaf replied, a smirk on his face.

Wren rolled her eyes, now smacking his leg with one of her books. "Shut up!"

"Hey, I was just joking!" He yelped, though his protests were riddled with laughter. Once he stopped laughing, he took a moment to catch his breath. "But my other question?"

Glancing around briefly, Wren tried to hold back a grin. "It means hello. You should at least know a basic greeting."

Leaf narrowed his eyes at her. "Now you just sound suspicious."

Wren mocked offense. "Me? Suspicious? How dare you suggest that!"

Only raising an eyebrow, Leaf huffed. "I'm going to ask Ivy and Sky for further confirmation, then."

"Well, you'll find that they'll tell you the same exact thing. It definitely means hello," Wren retorted, glaring at him.

"See? Suspicious!" He snapped, pointing at her.

I am NOT, She thought indignantly. She went back to sorting out her equipment, not bothering to argue. I need to finish doing this before tormenting Leaf more, anyways. Hopefully he doesn't actually ask Sky what it means...Ivy probably won't know, but she wouldn't exactly like it, either...

Before long, Wren overheard footsteps rushing in their direction. Glancing from the corner of her eye, she spotted Ivy, with Sky walking alongside her.

"That was great!" Ivy exclaimed, bouncing around a bit. "I mean, it's always great whenever we decide to fly, but-"

Sky laughed. "No, I get what you mean. I'm glad you enjoyed it!"

Ivy smiled back at him, also giggling. Soon she came rushing over to them, with Sky following her. She glanced at Wren, tilting her head.

"Oh, were you guys busy?"