ᵐᵒᵒⁿ

"Moon Goddess. She is ready..." said by the court lady.

The Goddess turn around. Her natural glow gleaming towards the court lady as she made her way to her daughter's room.

It has been a while since she gave birth to her daughter. And all those years, the Goddess spent her time by teaching her daughter all the good deeds. And their main duty as the goddess lf the moon.

Now that her daughter has come to her right age. It is now time to send her down to earth to do her duty.

The Moon Goddess goes down to earth to guide the people with light. To watch and guard them and keep the planet from any destruction that appears from space.

"Mother!" The daughter greeted her as she gently bowed her head.

The goddess smiled and ruffled her daughter's hair. Gesturing her to the balcony where they can see the dark space of the universe. Billions of stars scattered everywhere.

"My time is coming to its end daughter. It is time for you to take over this duty." She said as they both watch the endless nightsky.

"Where will you be going mother?" The daughter asked and looked at her mother.

Her eyes held many emotions. And love and admiration being one of them.

"It is no place to where Iam going. Soon, when the power of the moon is completely bestowed to you. I will become a spirit and join our ancestors who will be looking out for you!" She said and smiled warmly to her daughter.

The young girl simply nodded her head.
She is aware about her mother leaving the dark side of the moon. Now that she is finally on the right age to take her mother's place.

"I will make you proud mother. So you can always smile when you see me once we are no longer with each other!" She said and hugged her mother tight.

The goddess chuckled at her daughter's words. She's really going to miss her. And she was glad that her daughter won't have to see her bright glow fading away.

"There is one thing you should remember before you depart our land." The goddess said in a warning manner as she gently pushed her daughter to look at her.

"When you arrive in the mortals' world. There is something you must search. Something that has been waiting for you since the ancient times." She said with wary and confusion painted all over her daughter's face.

"Something? What could be waiting for me?" She asked while furrowing her sharp brows. "And why me? I don't think I have anything to prove myself worthy of a thousand years of waiting." She added and felt a tinge of worry and doubt to herself.

Her mother sighed and gently caressed her cheek.

"You are very special Yvel. Do not forget that. You have a very pure and courageous heart. You are brave and kind. And you always put others before yourself!" Her mother stated proudly and Yvel smiled with contentment.

"There must be a reason why you are being awaited by something down there. And I believe that it is good. The reason is for you to find out yourself!" She said again and Yvel nodded her head.

The two spent as much time with each other before Yvel was finally sent to Earth. The Moon goddess, her mother. Watched from their castle as Yvel travels towards the bright side of the moon.

The glow of her daughter is very strong compare to her and their people. She lights up a huge circle that equals to one of their villages.

Which is why Yvel must avoid being in the dark so she won't expose herself to the vile minds of the humans.

Yvel travelled to earth through a meteor debris. She first arrive in the Sahara dessert where she was tested for many days nights of survival.

Yvel did not use her powers to her advantage and allowed herself to experience hardship first thing of her arrival.

Within two weeks. The young goddess arrived to a city where beggars himbly helped her recover from her torturous days in the dessert.

It was her first tests to the humans and she was glad that even if the poorest people offered her a heartful help.
Before leaving. Yvel left the beggars a blessing and one by one, they were adopted by kind and rich people as payment from the goddess.

Yvel began travelling all over the globe. Using the same tactics for a few months. She had encoutnered many kind people that offered her help. But there were also vile hearted people just like her mother warned.

And after three years of being on earth. It was the night of the lunar eclipse.
The night where Yvel will have gain full power of the moon. And it also means that her mother will finally pass as a spirit.

Yvel centered herself in a circle made of special dusts. Moon sand.
The process took atleast an hour so she really had to go back somewhere in Sahara dessert to make sure that nobody sees and interrupts her.

An hour later. The process is done. Yvel could feel herself stronger than she already was. She was happy to be able to receive by such power and responsibility.

Yet sad at the same time that she wasn't there when her mother passed away.

As promised. Yvel started searching. She didn't know what or who is she searching for. But she knows that if she finds it, she will know immediately.

It is now six years since she first arrived on earth. Her appearance did not change the slightest ever since she became the recent Moon goddess.

Yvel found a white sorceress to accompany her. The two became very close and eventually became inseparable.

A few months of them being together, the sorceress invited Yvel to join her to college.

Yvel see no harm in it. Maybe learning about human things in a few years won't hurt her duty.
Besides, her mother told her not to rush and take her time. So maybe studying with her friend won't hurt the slightest.

And maybe she and her sorceress friend can meet human friends whom they can trust with their secrets.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.