ˡᵒⁿᵍ ˡᵒˢᵗ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ

"I'm tired." Blue huffed the sooner he and Samuel re-entered the air bubble to exchange their area round-up with the others.

"Come on. You should get inside to warm yourself." Samuel said to him and the two walked back to his room.

"Trevor?" The first thing Blue noticed was the sleeping boy beside Yalex. The sooner he darted a glare at the demon, that's when he noticed that he's in his demon form again like he was in earlier when they were play fighting.

"What did you do to him?!" He glowered and harshly pulled the demon by his collar.

It's no question why he can touch Yalex.
He's literally the first being to have no soul and yet alive at the same time.
Or the fact that he does not fear him is maybe because of his angel instinct against demons.

"I needed to feed. Unless you had souls to offer!" Yalex said like it was a normal issue.

He pushed off Blue away from him and when the angel tried to check on Trevor. Yalex blocked him.

"You should step back Blue. This is a thing between mates. We can't be involved." Rhian decided to speak with a very stern voice.

Blue only deadpanned at everyone. He's very very angry. And yet he couldn't feel it. And the fact that he couldn't do anything boils his blood more.
Because Rhian had once mentioned to him that any business that are done between mates. It is sacred and can't involve any third person. Either it be a friend, family or a third party.

"Don't worry. He's still alive and he's gonna heal quickly if Yalex stick by his side. Although the process was very painful. There was no other way out for it other than death." Samuel explained as he can clearly see their curious expressions.

He could tell that everyone are intimidated of Yalex current appearance. It's only natural that he is like that since he just finished feeding like hundreds of souls from his mate. But his human appearance will go back soon in a few hours.

"Get a rest. I'll do the first night watch. Who wants to join me?" Rhian asked and passed by Blue and Samuel to the door.

Jade stood up from her seat and followed her.

"We should hunt first. We haven't eaten anything all day." The princess said before they both left.

Jade had to swim further since she will be hunting. While Rhian only stays at the castle since she needed to make sure that they are secured.

On her way to the deep part of the ocean. Where various kinds of delicious fishes are scattered swimming in a pack.

She wanted to hunt a much exotic fish. To treat her friends with her own type of meals from her humble abode.

The deeper she swims. The darker and quiet it gets. Although she and all mermaids have night vision sights. So darkness underwater is literally nothing for them.

The mermaid's eyes morphed into viper slits as she spotted a good and big prey. Swimming very unconscious of her nearing presence.

Jade screeched as she lunged herself to the huge fish. Baring her sharp teeth to its flesh in a very savage manner.

The blood dissipated along with the water as the fish fell deceased on her grasp.
Jade made a satisfied sound upon having
her first prey.

She carried the dead fish on her left arm and continued hunting for one more.

However, in the middle of her hunt. Jade encountered one of her species.

A very unexpected one at that.