Nightly suffer

~ My POV ~
We made our way from Rivendell to the passage South. The days were joyful and happy for me, since the companions noticed my usefulness. Maybe they were frightened of my weapons, too. Sword. Bow. Dagger. Knives. None of them dared standing in my way anymore, not even my brother. It were the nights which I could not stand anymore.

I sat a few metres away from the company, as always. The difference was, they were asleep, at least all of them.
While I lie awake, not able to even close an eye. The stars were shining brightly upon me, a little light of hope.
"You still have it', a voice disturbed my peace. Legolas sat down next to me. He had recognized the pendant I held in my hands at first sight. It was a cold, silvery heart, decorated with Elvish words. Indiriël had given it to me before sailing to Valinor. "Of course I kept it", I answered quietly and closed my fingers around the little present. "I thought you might have destroyed it in a wave of anger", came the answer.
"Never." I could not more than whisper. I wanted to cry, scream, let out all the pain. I could not. I could not help myself. Something inside of me wanted something to do.

It was a sudden sound that made me whirl around. A few moments nothing happened.
Suddenly, a figure broke from the shadows. Legolas seemed to be as surprised as I was. Immediately, I had a sword in my one hand, a knife in the other. We stood back at back, motionless. 'Whoever is there, shall show himself", I roared. The moonlight made the little figure glitter. Suddenly I recognized.
It was a Hobbit. A girl.