A present

~ My POV ~
"Here you are", I heard a voice behind me. Slowly, I turned around, to see Haldir walking towards me, Elëanna and Idril by his side.
"There would be no one I love if I did", I thought. The only ones I loved where out there. Lovely little Alataire, who had become such a good friend to me, and the other Hobbits and Legolas, who was my brother. I missed even annoying Gimli and Boromir.
And there still was Aragorn, who had shown me so much of this beautiful world, a warrior, a king, a noble man, for whom I was starting to feel honest feelings of affection. It was no good.
"Come, Lady Galadriel wants to show you something", my old friend said.
And so I followed him.

The lady of light was waiting for me, and she carried something in her hands. It was wrapped up in a precious paper, so I was not sure about its content.
"You seem to lose your cheer since our last meeting, Anariël. I thought, this might bring back some of your old happiness", Galadriel said and smiled. Then she unwrapped the present. My eyes widened.

There lay a sword. Its blade was silver, but it seemed to shine like liquid gold, delicate and long. Its hilt was purely gold, and when I looked at it, my eyes seemed to be burnt by all the light.
Next to the sword lay a shield. I recognized how strong and rare the material was. It was covered with golden lines and ornaments.
Those were the best weapons my eyes had ever seen.
"Forged by old Elvish kindsmen and blessed by the Valar, sword and shield of the sun had been waiting for a worthy bearer long years. You shall be their lady."
My mouth and eyes opened widely. "Why me?", I asked with astonishment.
"Their shining light came here together with you. Lords and kings had taken this blade into war, black and old. Now see its light. All those years, they waited for you."
Galadriel stepped aside to let me touch them.
Reverently, I did. Took the hilt into my hands. It was light and swift, whereas the shield seemed strong and unbreakable.
"I can't thank you enough, mylady", I whispered, smiling softly and more happy than I had been in days. "This is the greatest present I ever achieved." She smiled. "Try them, Anariël. They will serve you well."
So I went.