Falling

~ Alataire POV ~
She was so brave, such a warrior. There must've been something in her past making her this way, I thought, but I did not dare spealing out my thoughts aloud.
Watching Anariël slaying enemies kept me away from feeling the fear too intensively. Like a dancer, she moved around and fought.
'They have a cave troll!', Legolas suddenly screamed and before anyone could think about it, this cave troll entered. He was huge and frightening, and I had the strange feeling, the Shire would've been a better place to stay at.

~ My POV ~
I did not really recognize the cave troll entering, although when I looked around next time, he was suddenly there. My first thought was Frodo.
The cave troll wanted Frodo. I sprinted over the battlefield, killing some beasts in my way. Legolas and Aragorn had already tried to bring him down, but it did not work out. Now it was my turn to try.
No fear, I said to myself, no fear. Fear will only stay your hand.
A dumb noise got to my ear. Aragorn was lying on the ground, motionless. 'No!', I shouted desperately and wanted to help him, as I saw the troll holding up his weapon to kill Frodo.
I had sworn an oath, I remembered. I had sworn every world's oath to protect him. And now it was time to fulfill them.
No fear. When the cave troll swung his weapon downwards, I threw my own body in front of Frodo's.