Lonely and together

~ My POV ~
I lowered my weapons slowly. "A little Hobbit shall not travel alone in these times", I whispered. The moonlight shone above the girl"s blonde hair and let it glitter like little stars.
Legolas next to me wanted to say something, but he was interrupted by a voice behind me, shouting: "Alataire!" Without turning aroung, I knew it was Frodo.
He ran towards Alataire and hugged her. They seemed to know each other quite well, I recognized.
"What are you doing here?", he asked. "I wonder about that, too", I agreed, a little angry, my bow still prepared for shooting. "I followed you all the way from Rivendell", the little girl answered with tears in her eyes. "I did not want to leave my friends alone", she added.
That was the moment when I got compassion. I lay down my bow and strechtet out a hand, which was directly taken by the Hobbit girl. "Alataire", I said with a sudden smile. Whoever gave her that name, he made a good decision. Her little eyes looked like pieces of the sea.
I told her: "I will see, what I can do for you", while we walked towards the rest of the Fellowship. Maybe I was the only one understanding her reasons. But I did. And I had the feeling I needed to take care of her.
All the other companions were awake by now. "We"ve got a new member", I said briefly.
Especially Boromir looked at me in a way of exhaustement. "Another woman?", he muttered. "Yes", I answered while looking for some food. At last, I found some Lembas bread. With a little smile, I handed it over to Alataire.
Nobody dared saying a word. Sometimes, being frightening was an useful gift. Like this,
Alataire became a member of the Fellowship in a quite unusual way.

In the next morning, we got up early and travelled all day. We spent the afternoon somewhere in the rocks. Boromir showed Pippin and Merry how to use a sword, joking and happy.
Meanwhile, I was sitting on a small rock, away from the company, thinking. As always. I was lonely.
"Your powers are increasing", my brother"s voice came from behind. I sighed. "Yes." It was only a whisper. I searched for an answer, as Aragorn called my name: "Anariël!" He sounded worried.