So much pain

~ Aragorn POV ~
I woke up. First, there was nothing.
The world was silent for a moment. Then I saw the troll's weapon fall down on Anariël and goring her shoulder. She did not scream, not cry, she just fell down on the floor silently.
'No!', I heard someone shouting and it took me some time to recognize that it had been me. I jumped up, the sword in my hand and together with Legolas, we brought down the cave troll.

~ Legolas POV ~
This was not possible. She was just sleeping. She would wake up every moment and look at me with her sparkling blue eyes and her beautiful smile.
My weapons fell down on the floor and I kneeled down beside her. The blood was running out of her shoulder steadily, red.
I never saw her bleed. She had always fast enough to avoid being wounded. This time not. This time, she had sacrificed herself willingly.
'Don't you remember what you told me?'', I screamed. Father had always taucht me being calm and being fabulous. But now, I was not. 'Don't you remember saying she would not get hurt?' It was Aragorn I was talking to. 'Don't you remember?'
He looked sad. Lost. There was so much anger in me, I could not help myself anymore. I threw aside everything in my way, if dead enemy, fellowship member or stone. Finally, I held my sister's head in my arms, weeping. My hands were covered with her blood, like the floor was, like her clothes were.
In my mind, I could see her running over the forest ground in Mirkwood, exploring the nature. I could see her short hair flowing in the wind and her sword glowing in the dark when she sneaked away from father's view after dawn to train secretly.
'Wake up!', I whispered. 'Please!' 'Legolas!' Aragorn's voice woke me up. 'She's breathing!'

~ Legolas POV ~
She was breathing. She lived. She really lived. 'We have no time now, we must move on', Gandalf said, his voice sounding nearly frightened.
I jumped up, furiously. When have I been so angry the last time? 'I am NOT going tov leave her, Gandalf! I am going to carry her, if I must!' 'Go ahead', the wizard answered. How could he be so cold? Maybe I just didn't want to, but I didn't understand.
Without hesitating, I took my sister into my arms. No one in this world could make me leave her now.

I took her through the mines, in my arms, even when the goblins came sneaking down the walls. I did not let her fall down when we had to make our way to the bridge, jumping and trembling. No life was more important to me than my sister's now.
And while I carried her, the world faded away. I heard nothing, saw nothing, felt nothing.

~ Aragorn POV ~
Legolas did not care for anything but his sister now, but I did. When the Balrog appeared in front of us at the bridge's edge and Gandalf stepped forwards to fight him, I knee this would not be a place to stay.
Fire came out of his body, and Gandalf stabbed his staff onto the earth and shouted: 'You shall not pass!', pushing the Balrog into the depths of the mines. For a short moment, it seemed to be all over, as sudden as it had begun.
Before the fiery rope came out of the dark. The wizard fell. His hands were only holding the edges. I wanted to do something, intervene, but it was too late. 'Fly, you fools!', he said. And vanished.